• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The " Honey I'm home and I'm bloody starving , what's for dinner " Thread.

Decided to make a simple side dish I had when visiting Lynchburg last year.

Baked Lynchburg Candied Apples.

Simple to do and the ingredients easy

10x Apples
Half a cup (or more) of Jack Daniels
Half a cup of butter
3 Cups of Sugar....my teeth have rotted before I have tried them

Got half way through it at least. Thanks for that time if nothing else

Toowoomba is 3 hours inland from the east coast. Going from Brisbane across, Australia is a few kilometres wider than North America.

Toowoomba is 3 hours inland from the east coast. Going from Brisbane across, Australia is a few kilometres wider than North America.
I'd have thought Toowoomba not much more than a couple of hours by car. 150km?

Oz vs North America east to west? Are you sure?

I’m only going off WHs number and adding on the 3 hours worth of kilometres that I know is right for Toowoomba to Perth. It’s nearer 3 hours than 2 from Brisbane airport which is bang on that eastern coast. Say it is 160k then you still have more than the 4313 WH listed, which I haven’t checked at all. I have no idea whether that is contiguous or not, as I would expect the longest measurement to run from somewhere west of kodiak island in Alaska to the east coast of Baffin Island or possibly Newfoundland (without looking at a map I don’t know which) plus a globe is really needed because the North America measurement is likely to be in the arctic circle and so will look massive on a flat map compared to the Australia measure near a tropic line.

lmao Toowoomba sounds like a fully fake place. I nearly lost my junk when I found out Timbuktu was a real place - I was well into my 30s. I'm gonna have to go and buy Microsoft Flight Simulator and fly around.

The distance from West Quoddy Head along the parallel to the Pacific coast in Washington State is 2,742 miles (4412 km), representing the furthest east-to-west distance in the lower 48 states.

Australia is approximately 3860 kilometres long from its most northerly point to its most southerly point in Tasmania, and is almost 4000 kilometres wide, from east to west.

I’m only going off WHs number and adding on the 3 hours worth of kilometres that I know is right for Toowoomba to Perth. It’s nearer 3 hours than 2 from Brisbane airport which is bang on that eastern coast. Say it is 160k then you still have more than the 4313 WH listed.
Straight line distance from Brisbane to Perth is 3606 km.

Not according to where I looked up. Which gave the distance I quoted above for Toowoomba, which is nearer to Perth than Brisbane is. I guess it must be sending you via Sydney like a driving app rather than Crow Flies?

Well Google maps must be wrong then. And doing it by the distance you drive on my figure as it needs to send you out of your way via Sydney to get on the road over Nullarbor or maybe through mount Isa and Alice and down. The point being there clearly isn’t a crow flies way to get there so my source has given me the driving distance.

Honestly it really isn’t a huge thing

Back