• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it happens it happens, no use going off like an atomic bomb before the B52 has even launched.

If it does happen, a nuclear reaction feels justified.

…and b) elite clubs wouldn't give a shit if a manager can stop a mid table club getting relegated
I’d be very surprised if Spurs haven’t at least considered him. It wasn’t a case of stopping a mid-table club getting relegated. We were the bottom placed club and he did a brilliant job getting us safe with three games to spare with a squad that had a number of deficiencies, not least no functioning centre forward. Add in his previous record and any team looking for a proven manager would be mad not to look at him very closely. If he left us tomorrow he’d walk into a job at a club of higher stature before the start of next season.

"I'll take Ruben if this completely different type of midfielder leaves."

You what?
They want rid of Kessie and he wants to go but nobody wants his wage and Barça won't pay him off.

They also don't need Kessie, they want Gundogan to compete with Gavi and Pedri and they have De Jong in the Neves role already.

Too add to this Xavi wants Amrabat to compete with De Jong rather than Neves.

They want rid of Kessie and he wants to go but nobody wants his wage and Barça won't pay him off.

They also don't need Kessie, they want Gundogan to compete with Gavi and Pedri and they have De Jong in the Neves role already.

Too add to this Xavi wants Amrabat to compete with De Jong rather than Neves.
Yeah from the financial side it makes sense, but the footballing side doesn't add up at all.

I wonder if Mendes power is on the wane
This kind of why I wonder if he isn't fanning the flames around the Lop stories tbh. Mendes can feel the grip slipping and he's trying to get it back.

Allegedly.

The fact Barca had him at the club to put together their transfer strategy I say no it isn't
May not have been his power, he may just have been the cheapest option or other agents didn't want the business from a club they know doesn't pay.

Well looks like there was some truth in the rumours last night. What a monumental fuck up it would be if he left.

This kind of why I wonder if he isn't fanning the flames around the Lop stories tbh. Mendes can feel the grip slipping and he's trying to get it back.

Allegedly.
I wouldn't overthink it. The stated situation by Lopetegui’s mate is going to be the actual one. Our owners have already committed seemingly sense-defying acts of mismanagement, egged on by some complete halfwits in the fanbase, some who produce plenty of content, and these real clowns are completely capable of doing it again. ‘’Lopetegui? If anything he should have gone earlier mate’. FFS.

I wouldn't overthink it. The stated situation by Lopetegui’s mate is going to be the actual one. Our owners have already committed seemingly sense-defying acts of mismanagement, egged on by some complete halfwits in the fanbase, some who produce plenty of content, and these real clowns are completely capable of doing it again. ‘’Lopetegui? If anything he should have gone earlier mate’. FFS.
Mate, let me tell you a few things about my brain... 😅

Percy was on 5live at 7.15 if you want to catch him on Sounds. Summary was goalposts changed in eyes of Lopetegui, although not at walking stage yet. Need to sell Neves plus others that JL wants to keep, mentioned Nunes, Neto and Kilman, but that seemed more like him trying to remember players in our squad more than anything else. Plus add him to the list of journalists who don't understand the difference between cash flow and FFP.

So as I thought then. To get all the players he wants in, we need to sell 1 or 2 on top of those expected to leave to make it possible.

Sorry Loppers but if West Ham offer £35m for Kilman then he is a gonna and you can buy the final 2 players you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back