• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some Portuguese newspaper has got us going back in for Braga midfielder Al-Musrati again.

Well that's down to their own bad decisions, not down to the basic maths of the fact that they have already earned enough money to live comfortably after they retire.

And bad advisors.

Ok, you could argue a bad advisor is the result of your own bad decision in choosing a bad advisor, but anyone with that sort of wealth is going to need good investment advice and the parasites will be in the wings quite happy to fleece you of the lot.

The difference between massive growth and massive loss can be simply the person you put your trust in and choosing the right voice to listen to amongst the numbers and noise when all you want to do is kick a football around won’t necessarily be easy.

Buy a striker*. Ffs

*yes, yes I know these are mostly garbage rumours. Can we be shoddily linked with a goalscorer though, please.

Not happy with that much at all tbh.

Prefer to see him sold.

Didn’t someone say we’re weirdly better off by having him on loan, rather than selling him for a loss? I may have made that up but sure someone said this is the case due to the shit rules.

Anyway, seems a few may be disappointed with this, especially at the price bandied around (if there’s any truth, or course).

Didn’t someone say we’re weirdly better off by having him on loan, rather than selling him for a loss? I may have made that up but sure someone said this is the case due to the shit rules.
Yeah that was me.

It works out better for us if we loan him for free (but lose his wages off our side) for a year then sell him for £12-13m next year than if we just sell him for say, £16m now. It's stupid.

He has over £20m of amortisation left, we aren't getting that so we'd sell him for actual money and still have to write down a loss, which we don't want to do as other players are already "costing" us money there.

Anyway, seems a few may be disappointed with this, especially at the price bandied around (if there’s any truth, or course).

That is disappointing but you can't be promising players will start.

There's quite a few that could fulfill that role.

Massive bummer but hopefully shows the club have learned that if a player needs too much convincing, it ay worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back