• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Going to Besiktas or Ajax won't do anything for his value. What's the point of another loan to one of those leagues? Seems a waste of everyone's time.
A full year at Ajax could do wonders for his development though, might not massively influence his monetary value initially but could make him a far better player who could then be a more valuable asset.

Strange decision for Neves in a footballing capacity but as far as earning the money it’s an offer thats very hard to turn down, especially as a few years ago he watched as Rauls career went down the pan very quickly in a freak incident.
Good luck to an absolute Wolves legend.

With all the smoke around City it's difficult not to feel a bit "what the fuck?" About this.

Also we've sold him for his actual value, it's not an inflated amount. The fact that we'd probably have sold him for less due to circumstances is irrelevant.

It's right though tbf, it is a get out of jail free card. We've got double what we were realistically getting. Chelsea have obviously taken the piss even more with the three bomb-squaders they've chucked into the desert. Hopefully we manage to get Podence, Sa, RAN and Hwang sent there for a combined £100m too. It's dodgy as fuck and purely down to Mendes' connections/skill, but it's still dodgy as fuck. There's dodgier shenanighans elsewhere obviously, but we can't not call it what it is

The issue is that PIF have invested in a company Boehly owns, i'm not aware of such a relationship between PIF and Fosun.

I can't see what the issue is with our sale of neves, it's not like we've twisted al-hilals arm to pay what they're paying

I can't see what the issue is with our sale of neves, it's not like we've twisted al-hilals arm to pay what they're paying
Becuse Mendes runs football. So this is another way for him to make money, whilst appeasing us and making the Saudi’s happy getting top players in the league.

In the normal Mendes carousel there are winners and losers. In this everyone wins.

Other clubs are literally owned by countries who promote slavery, abuse of women, etc and we are mentioned as using said countries to get around FFP? Oh fuck off. Neves was sold for a good value.

You are telling me if this 'top club' official had an opportunity to make this kind of sale for one of his, he would turn it down? Fuck know he wouldn't.

Money means nothing to the Saudis so they’re happy to pay over the odds for any relatively big name who clubs are trying to sell. Win win from that pov

Obviously the whole football finance thing stinks, but this complaint is laughable. I've been eyeing up my neighbours house and I fancy buying it for half what they paid for it as I know they need cash for some other reason sharpish. Then I can demolish it to improve my view. Great. WTF? Some punter with a load of cash has turned up and paid whatever they fancy to buy this house because they quite like it and they're actually sticking an extension on it? This can't be fair. Hey, police, I'd like to report a crime. Yes, someone's paid more for something than I think they should.

Haven't really paid over the odds for Neves though have they (wages aside of course)

The original deal proposed by Mendes was Neves + £30m for Ansu Fati making it a £70m plus deal. Obvs we and Ansu told him to get in the sea

After that plenty of reports we had put a £45m+ valuation on his head. Then we got reports that Barca had agreed a £29m fee, which was bollocks and Barca pretty much said that when they said the only way we get him now was on a free.

I would get anger against us if we had sold him for £100m. So all you can get from it is Barca are pissed they missed out on him (bar Xavi) and some other clubs were told to piss off when they tried to get him on the cheap.

Last edited:
The whole Saudi push to sportswash their way to international credibility is obviously dirty as you like, but in the grand scheme of football finances it seems churlish to take particular umbrage at this Neves deal. There's a thousand worse examples to shake your head at.

I think our name is only in that Telegraph article so they can avoid accusations of being anti-Chelsea. Who exactly are our "European rivals"?*

Yes, yes, the Wolves are so grand we transcend mere rivalries

It's almost funny to me how the narrative seems to be "why did you take money from these evil people" and not "how did these evil people get so much money".

Declan Rice will be going for around £100m with one year left on his contract....needs looking at !!11!1!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back