• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their view will quickly change if he plays. He isn’t towing a caravan. It’s several horse boxes.

Very odd. Even if you quickly checked Transfer market for the article I presume you would arrive at 5 from there layout. Which would be Cunha, Traore, Doherty and training cone, with Giles oddly listed as arriving from the u21s rather than coming back from a loan like they list the other returnees.

Their view will quickly change if he plays. He isn’t towing a caravan. It’s several horse boxes.
Oh it'll definitely change, that's the nature of your average, fickle football fan.
Interesting that it's mainly this forum and to a lesser extent MM that Doc is castigated.
On most of the Wolves SM I've seen, the feeling is opposite, that's not just twitter kids either (I'm not on twitter) it's also on the old folks fb too.

Oh it'll definitely change, that's the nature of your average, fickle football fan.
Interesting that it's mainly this forum and to a lesser extent MM that Doc is castigated.
On most of the Wolves SM I've seen, the feeling is opposite, that's not just twitter kids either (I'm not on twitter) it's also on the old folks fb too.
The older ones are the average football fans who still moan about not getting a cut of Robbie Keane’s moves to Milan, Liverpool, Spurs etc because we didn’t put in a sell on clause. The Moxley Crew. My stepdad is the epitome of them.

The older ones are the average football fans who still moan about not getting a cut of Robbie Keane’s moves to Milan, Liverpool, Spurs etc because we didn’t put in a sell on clause. The Moxley Crew. My stepdad is the epitome of them.
Hmm my Step Dad too. Must be an old man thing

Late to the party here but I have to point out that Chas & Dave weren't cockneys, they were from Edmonton and Enfield and... My NE London in-laws get very shirty when those bastards in down the Central line try to claim them (although I've also learned not to try and point out C&D didn't exactly do anything to dispel that mistaken impression...)

I guess the average football supporters age is on the rise, be interested to know what the average age for attending matches is compared to 40 years ago

I guess the average football supporters age is on the rise, be interested to know what the average age for attending matches is compared to 40 years ago
It’s got to be getting older. It’s not like when I was a nipper you could walk up to the South Bank and get in for a couple of quid. It’s not only the price either, anybody below 17 for the most part can’t get online and buy tickets as they don’t have a bank account, and those just a bit older will probably find the pricing restrictive to a point. It’s all on the parents sorting and subsidising or paying in full. It’s got to have had an impact.

It looks a lot greyer than it used to, myself included!

I fear for us this season, I seriously fear relegation
We've just got to finish above the 3 promoted clubs or probably Everton, Bournemouth and Forest. I think Burnley could quite easily finish above us. We should manage to finish above 3 of those other 5, but we'll be down in a relegation fight all season I expect.

We were in far greater jeopardy this time last year with a clueless gimp managing the team, coming off one of our worst runs of form in 35 years and much stronger promoted clubs (at least financially speaking, as Luton and Sheff Utd appear to have nothing to spend) coming up. It's not a prospect that massively worries me at this stage.

Yeah I’m less worried this season. We’ve got a good first 11 imo and some OK options on the bench (Traore, Chiquinho, Sarabia). Would like a better keeper and a striker and to get rid of the rest of the players we don’t want/need but we have to remember that our January business was good and we still have those guys.

I'm not massively feeling like we'll go down but I doubt very much that we'll trouble the top half the table. We'll be down near the bottom 6-8 all season I expect.

Are we underestimating how much we'll miss Neves's quality drive and energy? I think so.

He was by far our best player, who is our best player now?

Are we underestimating how much we'll miss Neves's quality drive and energy? I think so.

He was by far our best player, who is our best player now?
We coped well with his absence against Chelsea and Brentford. We also looked better against Leicester away when he was on the bench than when he was on the field. That being said he will be sorely missed but we'll have to adapt our game without him.

We're gonna bob around like Newcastle under Ashley, might have a decent season here or a bad season there until we invariably leave ourselves with too much to do. That's the extent of our ambition. We'll start throwing cup games soon too to prioritise the league money which means nothing to the supporter on the terraces.

This belief was the greatest driver of my decision not to renew, prices in the top 5 in the league (fuck Clark massaging the numbers with tickets in the corner) but Wolves aren't matching the energy of the supporters in my opinion.

We've just got to finish above the 3 promoted clubs or probably Everton, Bournemouth and Forest. I think Burnley could quite easily finish above us. We should manage to finish above 3 of those other 5, but we'll be down in a relegation fight all season I expect.
Bournemouth won't be in any trouble next season IMO. Kerkez & Fresneda are 2 quality additions at full back and they've got a really exciting manager.

Luton will surprise a few at the start of the season with the way they press but as the season goes on I think they'll fall well short, Sheffield United just don't have the quality and don't seem to have much of a budget either. I think they're both nailed on to go down.

After that you're looking at Forest, Everton, West Ham, Burnley & Fulham who are all much worse than us right now and don't seem to be doing enough in the transfer window to correct that (Burnley a potential dark horse).

I think we'll be in a little mini league with Palace, Bournemouth, Brentford, Villa & Brighton.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back