• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon we are on the verge of being referred to the Premier League and it wouldn't surprise me if it was related to deals involving Mendes.

The club have always argued Mendes doesn't not have any control over transfers...I don't think that's true or has ever been true for a club in the Mendes circle. He moves players around to get around FFP and to line his own pockets, in many ways he has pushed the rules to the limit with Wolves as a willing accomplice...maybe pushed too hard.

Selling now to mitigate future punishment?
Nah, that theory doesn't work for me - selling players doesn't help us prove Mendes hasn't had an undue influence in transfers.

Nor would it mitigate any punishment, all it does is mean we have a really small squad.

Weird that we are trotting out the line we need to sell before buying anyone, it's a shit negotiating tactic and carries no weight when we've sold as many players as we have and refused good bids for players.

I'm not looking down on anyone.

You can say that fans are part and parcel of the club but I think that's overstating the reality in terms of the influence the supporters have over what Fosun do and don't.
The fans influence over what Fosun do is irrelevant, they will be here long after Lop and Fosun are gone. Ultimately they ARE the club.

Apart from neves who was inevitable, who have we sold who was essential to the team.
Moutinho was struggling for full game pace, adama still thinks he is george best and deserves a top champions league club. As for the rest, there will be no tears shed here.

The fans influence over what Fosun do is irrelevant, they will be here long after Lop and Fosun are gone. Ultimately they ARE the club.
I don't think we're talking about the same thing.

Nah, that theory doesn't work for me - selling players doesn't help us prove Mendes hasn't had an undue influence in transfers.

Nor would it mitigate any punishment, all it does is mean we have a really small squad.

Weird that we are trotting out the line we need to sell before buying anyone, it's a shit negotiating tactic and carries no weight when we've sold as many players as we have and refused good bids for players.
I haven't suggested that selling players helps us prove Mendes hasn't had an undue influence.

Where we may have a problem is if those transfers (in and out) are deemed to have transfer fees that have been manipulated. I believe there was a recent tweak to the FPP rules that would audit transfers to ensure they were a realistic market value.

If they were and if we have benefited financially there might be worth in rebalancing the books before the charge is made.

So it's not exactly FPP, not exactly cash flow and quite likely a development that has happened in the last 6 months and there has definitely been a change in behaviour from the club - possibly to protect Fosun...

All is speculation mind.

Where we may have a problem is if those transfers (in and out) are deemed to have transfer fees that have been manipulated. I believe there was a recent tweak to the FPP rules that would audit transfers to ensure they were a realistic market value.
If that's the case I'd be shitting myself if I were Brentford.

I haven't suggested that selling players helps us prove Mendes hasn't had an undue influence.

If they were and if we have benefited financially there might be worth in rebalancing the books before the charge is made.

So it's not exactly FPP, not exactly cash flow and quite likely a development that has happened in the last 6 months and there has definitely been a change in behaviour from the club - possibly to protect Fosun...

All is speculation mind.
I mean, we’ve overpaid for pretty much everyone so…

incredible player. Objectively one of the best in Europe before that floppy haired cunt nearly killed him.

Ill be bitter for the rest of time that he was robbed of more time on top.

Desperately hope he finds himself again at Fulham but fear otherwise.

I think he’s probably done, unfortunately. I really hope he does rediscover some form (except against us, obviously) but he hasn’t been a goal threat for some time. A change of scene might help, maybe.

I’m not crying, you are

Wonderful player, pre-injury. I think it’s easy to forget just how good he was.

The fact he is back playing at any sort of level after that horrific injury is inspiring. Wish nothing but the best for him and hope he can get back to some sort of form, but as others have said, I do worry that he’s completely done at this level. Will be interested to see how his move pans out.

Regardless of all that, he leaves us with some fantastic memories. All the best, Raul.

The best centre forward I've ever seen in a wolves shirt. The complete forward, who gave his all every time he stepped on a pitch for Wolves. I'll never forgive Luiz for robbing us of that player.

Probably the best striker I've seen at Wolves in my lifetime (I cant remember much of Bully's heyday)

Can't tell you how much I wanted to him to return to his pre-injury form, every game just willing him on and hoping he'd score and that would break his duck. Really sad to see him depart, I think if he hadnt had that injury he would probably have finished his career with us.
He is still a Wolves legend though, no matter how it ended. So many great memories and so many great goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back