• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
It damages Wolves/FOSUN & Shi’s reputation going forward to prospective managers as not being able to believe any promises they make. Lopetegui’s reputation will be undamaged as he can claim he wasn’t given the tools that he was promised.

Last edited:
We’ve been offered double £15m so not sure why you’re even mentioning it? If money is really tight we should be selling Kilman and bringing in a £15m replacement and using the other £15m to bring in players we need in other positions.
"Even my dog wouldn't be so stupid as to turn down half that"

30/2 = 15

That's why I pulled that number.

At this point in time, with the players we have at the moment and the noises coming from Lopetegui, I have no confidence in us staying up. Not something I thought I would have said even last week!

Great timing as well, taking my boy to the Luton friendly, his first ever game 🫣
Everton - finished way above them last season despite giving them a head start pre-Christmas, potless, always going to be very limited under Discbeard
Luton & Sheff Utd - seriously workmanlike (insert your own patronising adjective here) squads to start with and not very much to spend

I'd be very surprised if any of them finish above us tbh. Even ignoring anyone else.

Of course I don't want us to settle for such limited fayre and we shouldn't have to.

Everton - finished way above them last season despite giving them a head start pre-Christmas, potless, always going to be very limited under Discbeard
Luton & Sheff Utd - seriously workmanlike (insert your own patronising adjective here) squads to start with and not very much to spend

I'd be very surprised if any of them finish above us tbh. Even ignoring anyone else.

Of course I don't want us to settle for such limited fayre and we shouldn't have to.
Is there a chance next season gets better as some of the mistakes roll off?

How many further sales do we need, do you reckon? £83m from what he mentions there, plus the likes of Jimenez and Moutinho off the wage bill. Liam also doesn’t mention Sanderson or Giles.

Surely with those two, plus Podence and one of Jonny/RAN will be enough?

I'm glad we got the interview because I think it clarified which of the two of them (Julen and Guillem) is antagonizing the situation... And it ain't Lop.
Lop doesn't have to conduct the interview though does he? He's already done this once and it unsettled the whole club, now he's done it again.

And also… a club that needs to sell doesn’t turn down £30m for a bang average defender, start putting together a more lucrative contract for him, and bid £20m for a 19 year old.

Something isn’t adding up somewhere.

And also… a club that needs to sell doesn’t turn down £30m for a bang average defender, start putting together a more lucrative contract for him, and bid £20m for a 19 year old.

Something isn’t adding up somewhere.
I reckon we are on the verge of being referred to the Premier League and it wouldn't surprise me if it was related to deals involving Mendes.

The club have always argued Mendes doesn't not have any control over transfers...I don't think that's true or has ever been true for a club in the Mendes circle. He moves players around to get around FFP and to line his own pockets, in many ways he has pushed the rules to the limit with Wolves as a willing accomplice...maybe pushed too hard.

Selling now to mitigate future punishment?

Lop doesn't have to conduct the interview though does he? He's already done this once and it unsettled the whole club, now he's done it again.
Did it unsettle the club or just the fans?

He will be.

Also - head above the parapet time - he’s a more than good enough manager to get a tune out of the players at his disposal*

*Not for one second saying we don’t need incomings. We do. But the squad isn’t exactly made up of Championship fodder.

We don't have any players who have shown they can score goals in this league. It's a massive fucking worry.

Frankly having waded all through it, i think it was very much a non interview and a waste of time.
Lop used it to try and speed up the board re incoming transfers, and ballbag was a typical sun style journalist, constantly trying to get lop to slam out the big exclusive.
Frankly a waste of time, though i thought lop on jimenez was as much his own surprize at the offer coming in from fulham as anything else.

I'm not looking down on anyone.

You can say that fans are part and parcel of the club but I think that's overstating the reality in terms of the influence the supporters have over what Fosun do and don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back