• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I can think is Fosun haven’t put the £30m in to offset some of the FFP concerns and we now need to raise that from player sales too.
I think you can either have FFP concerns OR reject £35m for Max Kilman. They just don’t want to put any cash in and the Kilman nonsense makes their excuse a busted flush.

I think you can either have FFP concerns OR reject £35m for Max Kilman. They just don’t want to put any cash in and the Kilman nonsense makes their excuse a busted flush.

Well, spot on really. I think Kilman was a JL call as much as a Hobbs one. Balague asked him about Podence, RAN and Jonny staying as they’re “good players” to which Lop then used the line that it’s not his control who stays and who goes.

All PR spin to alleviate the “actually Balague, I think they’re shit, but I can’t say that”.

I just don’t understand bidding for players if we can’t afford them. Seems a bit daft.

I can appreciate the club holding their ground on the Kilman fee, even if FFP is a real issue. I just wish it was over a player that we valued as highly as the club do.

If I had to guess at it:

- Fosun are being a bit too dogmatic about "we need £x profit" and don't always tell the truth (we know Part B is the case)
- Lopetegui wants to put the message out that his hands are tied, his twat friend is happy to stir the pot
- We'll still end up selling way more players than we buy but we needed to do that anyway
- Lopetegui won't leave because if he does there's every chance he never works in England again
- We'll finish about where we did last season

So no news basically.

I can appreciate the club holding their ground on the Kilman fee, even if FFP is a real issue. I just wish it was over a player that we valued as highly as the club do.
Sorry Alan, that’s crackers. If you’ve got FFP concerns then even my dog wouldn’t be so stupid as to turn down even half of that for Kilman. I don’t appreciate it at all, I deplore it. The weird thing about it all is that, if it is a ‘concession’ made to the will of Lopetegui then it’s an outrageously generous one and you wouldn’t expect him to repay you like this. Whole things seems nuts.

Sorry Alan, that’s crackers. If you’ve got FFP concerns then even my dog wouldn’t be so stupid as to turn down even half of that for Kilman. I don’t appreciate it at all, I deplore it. The weird thing about it all is that, if it is a ‘concession’ made to the will of Lopetegui then it’s an outrageously generous one and you wouldn’t expect him to repay you like this. Whole things seems nuts.
This is exactly my point. We've fallen into "if you rate Kilman, you're stupid" territory.

The "take 15m for Max" argument falls apart the second you consider that someone high up at the club may actually think Kilman is a legitimate asset. If you start at "Kilman is a good player", then standing firm on his value doesn't look so ridiculous.

It's not a binary.

If I had to guess at it:

- Fosun are being a bit too dogmatic about "we need £x profit" and don't always tell the truth (we know Part B is the case)
- Lopetegui wants to put the message out that his hands are tied, his twat friend is happy to stir the pot
- We'll still end up selling way more players than we buy but we needed to do that anyway
- Lopetegui won't leave because if he does there's every chance he never works in England again
- We'll finish about where we did last season

So no news basically.

Pretty much the way I see it, too. As we’ve all said: symptomatic of two years of overspend. Even in January we were absolutely stupid to commit to £25m for Cunha when we knew this was on the horizon. Plus signing Guedes, Nunes, Collins for ridiculous fees last year.

Not sure why people are saying we've learned nothing new. We have, if what he's saying about him having no say about outgoings is correct. We need to sell players but surely he should have at least a say in those decisions. I'm not sure if some of it was lost in translation because Ballague kept repeating there was no money at all for imcomings and Lopetegui never really rebuffed that. He also was very non committal about his own future again despite the article earlier in the Summer by Hobbs.

It is unprofessional by Lopetegui to be giving these interviews to his mate though as well so there is fault on both sides but I can definitely understand him being pissed off. We need him more than he needs us at the moment.

I suspect that Lopetegui is one of those managers who'd ideally sit with a squad of 25 senior pros. So he's happy to keep Raul and wouldn't actively choose to sell him but also knowing that he'll start <10 games. That isn't sustainable so off he pops. Same with Podence, Jonny, RAN.

We're largely selling players who we already know he hardly uses.

The new news seems to be Shi lied to him again once Lop agreed to this new plan. That's twice now.

Fairly common knowledge he nearly walked over being lied to the first time

Now it's happened again I don't expect him to stay.
I don't agree with that reading at all.

Not sure why people are saying we've learned nothing new. We have, if what he's saying about him having no say about outgoings is correct. We need to sell players but surely he should have at least a say in those decisions. I'm not sure if some of it was lost in translation because Ballague kept repeating there was no money at all for imcomings and Lopetegui never really rebuffed that. He also was very non committal about his own future again despite the article earlier in the Summer by Hobbs.

It is unprofessional by Lopetegui to be giving these interviews to his mate though as well so there is fault on both sides but I can definitely understand him being pissed off. We need him more than he needs us at the moment.
He’s been lied to and led up the garden path, so he probably doesn’t give two hoots about pissing Jeff off by doing interviews like this.

As you say, what’s Jeff going to do? Sack him?

I suspect that Lopetegui is one of those managers who'd ideally sit with a squad of 25 senior pros. So he's happy to keep Raul and wouldn't actively choose to sell him but also knowing that he'll start <10 games. That isn't sustainable so off he pops. Same with Podence, Jonny, RAN.

We're largely selling players who we already know he hardly uses.
Which is true I think, but are we going to replace them. The feeling you got from Lopetegui is that he is not sure we are...... as in plan B. And if we are going to, we are getting extremely close to the season kick off now meaning he has little time to get a settled team sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back