• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not having we have cash flow issues anymore. We’ve just had a big deal from a Saudi club with heavy mendes involvement. If he’d said they need to make a big cash payment up front to get the deal done then I’m sure they would have done, as they have unlimited cash…

I’m not having we have cash flow issues anymore. We’ve just had a big deal from a Saudi club with heavy mendes involvement. If he’d said they need to make a big cash payment up front to get the deal done then I’m sure they would have done, as they have unlimited cash…
Yeah, seemingly they just want us to try and get by with minimal investment and even making a profit where possible.

A good way to get relegated. Maybe not this season, but within 3 at best

Of all the many weird things that have gone on post-Nuno, the weirdest thing for me has been the complete scattergun of clangers. One moment they’re the classic large-dowry-but-low-spending 3 year flip PE guys, the next drunken sailors on the town with egos to satisfy. The only consistent strategy I can make out is to be so inconsistent as to defy sustained criticism for one particular flaw.

The honesty of the situation is they don’t want to put money in I think. That’s why none of this makes sense.

They shouldn't have to. We've had large cash influxes from Neves & Collins. This is not about them putting money in, they aren't even spending the money the clubs generated. Like they are trying to get the balance sheet to look as healthy as possible to me.

Just daft to pursue a manager for seven years, promise him the earth, agree to a plan B with him and Hobbs and then go “actually, sorry lads”.

Yeah, and at end of day, JL is doing whatever he can to look out for his career. This won't be his only chance in EPL once he leaves: other teams will see he's got his foot in the door, around a years of experience and helped an on-fire club from rock bottom to relative comfortable safety.

When the manager carousel starts up again and he's free, he won't lack for options, here or abroad.

Jim White has been discussing the JL interview on his show and Alex Crook says he has heard from Wolves who say they are 'quite relaxed' about the situation and currently deciding how they are going to communicate to the fans the situation regarding finances but they are very happy with Lopetegui and no suggestion of a parting of the ways

Sorry but that's nonsense - he's employed by the club and needs to show the club a bit more respect, no matter what has gone on behind the scenes. Giving these impromptu interviews to his mate that just creates further uncertainty doesn't help anything.
He doesn't owe them any respect. It's ludicrous any employee should show respect to their employer, especially one that has let you down so badly.

He doesn't owe them any respect. It's ludicrous any employee should show respect to their employer, especially one that has let you down so badly.
He shouldn't be doing it, it's totally unprofessional.

You're not too keen when Fabio opens his mouth and says he'd quite like to stay on loan at PSV rather than come back to Wolves, where's the difference?

He shouldn't be doing it, it's totally unprofessional.

You're not too keen when Fabio opens his mouth and says he'd quite like to stay on loan at PSV rather than come back to Wolves, where's the difference?
I don't think it is unprofessional nor disrespectful.

I find it laughable that people think Wolves deserve respect. It's borderline arrogant.

Whataboutery doesn't really work for me.

You reckon, or know? They could have at least sorted the sound out if they was there.
I wouldn't have thought the media team were present at all but I would think a club rep would be in some form as Ballague's questions would've been vetted first (as all editorial q's are).

I can't see the club letting the interview out otherwise and I'm fairly sure it's been edited (quite poorly) quickly too.

Given nobody outside the club have a fucking clue what is going on behind the scenes I’ll wait until the end of the window again to make my mind up.

Given nobody outside the club have a fucking clue what is going on behind the scenes I’ll wait until the end of the window again to make my mind up.
Why not by the first game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back