• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
You reckon?

It looked to me like Balague set up his own camera and mics. The quality was shocking and the little intro video at the start looked like something knocked up on powerpoint by me in a few minutes. I suspect he went rogue and arranged it directly with Balague to get his message out/maybe to try and force Fosun's hand in to doing something.
I would say the club knew about it.
Lopetegui will do various interviews over the coming weeks and Balague will have simply booked a slot to be able to do his Podcast for beginners set up.

One moment that suggests someone else was there, presume from the club was a little glance over the camera by Lopetegui after answering a question.

The interview was mainly shit and was Balague living up to the nickname Dan has given him.

He has tweeted today about the interview and changed the tone of how he is talking about the content, presume because yesterday he was getting some cyber bullets fired his way.

Of course we won't be the only club to sign anybody (although we might be the only club who doesn't)

But we will be one of the only clubs not to sign anybody to improve their squad.

I'm not moving the goalposts at all I'm asking why not at the start of the season. That's when I think it's best to judge personally.
Because it’s two different scenarios isn’t it?

“Fosun aren’t going to spend any money” - judge when the window’s shut.

“Fosun won’t strengthen before the start of the season” - judge when the first game kicks off.

All of the teeth gnashing has been around the first statement, not the second. So I’ll judge at the end of the window.

I’m not happy we won’t have signed anyone before the season kicks off, I thinks it’s immensely stupid and pretty much wanton neglect, but that’s not the point being raised over and over.

Because it’s two different scenarios isn’t it?

“Fosun aren’t going to spend any money” - judge when the window’s shut.

“Fosun won’t strengthen before the start of the season” - judge when the first game kicks off.

All of the teeth gnashing has been around the first statement, not the second. So I’ll judge at the end of the window.

I’m not happy we won’t have signed anyone before the season kicks off, I thinks it’s immensely stupid and pretty much wanton neglect, but that’s not the point being raised over and over.
That's fair comment. I can't imagine you being the shy retiring type on letting us know about that!

Either way we’ll have a significantly better first XI throughout August than this time last year

Bugger all to do with China. All to do with financial drawbridges being drawn up.
and it’s fosun’s prerogative to do that, but to put up a smokescreen of FFP and then mess about with the manager you originally wanted for the project is just plain stupid.

They should communicate effectively and credibly. and they would sell more STs, keep the fans onside, keep their manager and not look like a bunch of incompetents.

The cost of communicating well would be very low - even if they hired someone to
put their approach across. For me it’s the flip-flopping, smokescreen and (probably) lies that are making me so despondent about the last couple of years.

Now I don’t read much about football, even Wolves, but is there any club that sets out its transfer policy and financial plans to its fans as a matter of course? I haven’t seen any although I could be wrong.

Personally I don’t agree with how things are being handled right now (it may have all changed come the end of August) but I don’t expect them to tell me anything. I can see what’s happening with the squad and I can act accordingly when it comes to giving them money, albeit a year in lieu, and if they’re such whopping bullshitters they’d probably get ridiculed if they did come out and say something anyway. So what’s the point?

I get the owner bashing mostly, but I’ve never understood the demands for them to come out and tell exactly what they’re planning on doing. It’s quite funny.

Judah and Keen's latest article highlights two things

1) LL didn't know anything about numbers (let alone FFP or finance)
2) He mentions if the Scott bid has been accepted Wolves finance department would've said no as they don't have the cash flow

If that is true, how bad are the finance team given they've got a £99m credit line from the UK government!

2) He mentions if the Scott bid has been accepted Wolves finance department would've said no as they don't have the cash flow
What a bizarre way to operate!?

We make a bid of x and THEN see if we have the cash?

You reckon, or know? They could have at least sorted the sound out if they was there.

They were there but not filming, and nothing to do with the sound ETC.

Not saying too much for multitude of reasons, but it was definately a first punch thrown.

It is now up to Shi and Guo to make the next move, I recom they will either loosen some Purse strings or make no comment and ignore it.

Shi is in China at the moment, hopefully meeting Guo.

I have no confidence in them at the moment. Nothing they say makes any sense.

This is what it says but it doesn't make any sense.

The club have had two offers worth £18million and £20million rejected for the Bristol City midfielder, but it is understood the money to secure his signing is now currently unavailable due to a risk of breaching the Premier League’s profit and sustainability rules.

Wolves have so far sold Ruben Neves, Nathan Collins, Conor Coady and Raul Jimenez for a combined £83million, but it is understood further player sales will be needed for the club to spend on summer additions.

The club have so far brought in Tom King and Matt Doherty on free deals, but in order to bring Scott and other targets in, Wolves will need to sell as things stands.

The rest is just quotes from the Ballbag interview that he shouldn't have done.

That's what Johnny says the article says happens?
It's on his podcast bit, I had to listen to it twice to make sure that's exactly what he said.

I'm hoping it's rubbish but if true that's just bizarre as you say.

As a complete aside I was listening to these two as I didn't realise we played a friendly today against City's U21's and they mentioned Gomes, Sasa and Traore got minutes which was good to hear. Ended 0-0.

I have read somewhere that any interview has the presence of a wolves press officer, or whatever they are called.

This is what it says but it doesn't make any sense.

The rest is just quotes from the Ballbag interview that he shouldn't have done.
LL mentioned the new rules (which we pass easily) but he doesn't understand them clearly and is parroting what he's been told by the club now nearly everybody with a brain has called the club out on their FFP bullshit.

Including Jonny Philips.

It's on his podcast bit, I had to listen to it twice to make sure that's exactly what he said.

I'm hoping it's rubbish but if true that's just bizarre as you say.

As a complete aside I was listening to these two as I didn't realise we played a friendly today against City's U21's and they mentioned Gomes, Sasa and Traore got minutes which was good to hear. Ended 0-0.
Yeah just listening myself. I can’t see how it can possibly be true.

The only way I can see the Scott bid not going through is via Bristol wanting a big or 100% fee paid and us not wanting or being able to meet that.

There was something on the Athletic about more clubs priotising shorter or 100% fees currently due to uncertainty and unstableness of certain broadcaster deals and higher interest rates for loans to cover in the meantime.

Now I am typing it though it's feeling like something Tifo would do so will have a check.

or whatever they are called.
Jeff?

Mulling over everything that's going on (or not) right now, we keep talking of how long they pursued Lop for and how they should back him but maybe they don't want him to stay. With all the cost cutting going on and with Lop being one of the higher paid managers perhaps they hope he'll walk or attract interest elsewhere to save the pay off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back