• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
At this point in time, I don't think we'll go down... But I imagine Leicester and Saints fans thought the same this time last year too.

A team that doesn't score, and doesn't even have an outstandingly tight defence, shorn of their best player... We're going to be very reliant on mentality, so let's hope Lop and Captain Kilman sort that out

At this point in time, I don't think we'll go down... But I imagine Leicester and Saints fans thought the same this time last year too.

A team that doesn't score, and doesn't even have an outstandingly tight defence, shorn of their best player... We're going to be very reliant on mentality, so let's hope Lop and Captain Kilman sort that out
At this point I would roll out my Rob Edwards joke....but right now we wouldn't pay the compensation to get him when Lop walks

It's absolutely outrageous that we can bring in £30-40m more than most people expected us to, but still not find £25m for the manager's top target. A talented young English player who will probably double in value in two seasons. Shi is a fucking wanker

Think it'll probably turn out to be a bit of a 'nothing' season, maybe 15th in the league, no cup runs and all a bit meh. Could have been better with a relatively small spend.

It's absolutely outrageous that we can bring in £30-40m more than most people expected us to, but still not find £25m for the manager's top target. A talented young English player who will probably double in value in two seasons. Shi is a fucking wanker
It is, but 25m is quite a lot, what's more disappointing is that we can't even go for the 8m-15m style signings that was touted by the club a few months ago.

Think it'll probably turn out to be a bit of a 'nothing' season, maybe 15th in the league, no cup runs and all a bit meh. Could have been better with a relatively small spend.
Chuck in a potentially toxic atmosphere at the club, a potentially cheapo manager and then a lot of players will make our on the beach performances v Brighton and Arsenal look good.

The mood at the club collapses, everything else will follow

Entirely fair point, but regardless of the whys and wherefores, we're being financially outmuscled by Bournemouth. That's simply embarrassing, particularly for a player we've been chasing all year.

To think, I was actually quite excited at the prospect of a rebuild this summer, fuelled by cheap buys and hidden gems.

What a joke.
i think that's the nail on the head. you can rationalise losing heroes like moutinho (age), jimenez (form) but at least with neves we got cash and what seemed to be very public targets hinting at a new look JL team. the scott saga ends up as a touchstone to the mismanagement. better we had never known about it.

We are indeed, and all the noise at the moment is negative.

Nuno did well to keep a lid on any in house negativity, Lop is very different.
They come from different points, Nuno was largely unheralded as a coach, JL the reverse, whilst also having the promotion season to keep morale and momentum high. Lopetegui took over the club in a dumpster fire (and they've landed back in another one).

Chuck in a potentially toxic atmosphere at the club, a potentially cheapo manager and then a lot of players will make our on the beach performances v Brighton and Arsenal look good.

The mood at the club collapses, everything else will follow
I’m afraid this is where my mind is turning to. Hard to see Lop staying to oversee this, there will be a way out for him somehow, and then it’s even worse than last pre-Christmas. I’d like to be more blasé about it, but when you’re fully signed up for a family of four and the travel around it in addition to the lifetime non-negotiable element, well, it’s a bit tough. Only hope is that we have some actual signings in August, but it feels like straw-clutching time already.

They come from different points, Nuno was largely unheralded as a coach, JL the reverse, whilst also having the promotion season to keep morale and momentum high. Lopetegui took over the club in a dumpster fire (and they've landed back in another one).
I think in his final season Nuno had a lot to keep under his hat, Nuno could have said anything and the fans would have backed him, he chose not to.

Lop is very different, he's making sure none of the mud sticks to him. (And I get it, he has no allegiance to Wolves, they're just very different approaches)

Lop is a quality manager, but not convinced of his ability when things are really going to shit in a club sense. He seems more of a mardy Mourinho type to me. Could be wrong.

We're really relying on pretty much all the promoted clubs being total shit, along with a few more established clubs like West Ham on the decline

I can INCREDIBLY easily see us going down, particularly if Lopetegui walks (and, frankly, that seems like when rather than if).

We've got all of the hallmarks of Leicester last year, complete with the blithe assumption that we simply can't go down.

I can INCREDIBLY easily see us going down, particularly if Lopetegui walks (and, frankly, that seems like when rather than if).

We've got all of the hallmarks of Leicester last year, complete with the blithe assumption that we simply can't go down.
Their fans that I know have been drawing the parallels to me already.

We've already offered a package totalling £22m. To not be able to add another £3m is a complete shambles. Especially when its by choice rather than not having the funds.
But then our budget changed apparently so if Bristol had said yes to the £22m we would have said we can't do that now

2 weeks ago we had a £7.5m player set to join. His club signed a replacement and now it seems we are trying to get that fee reduced.

Surely Lop has to go now? He doesn't need the money or another job at this moment in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back