• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still think Lage got a pass because he's just a vacuum of a man. Being angry with him is about as interesting as being upset with the grass.

You'd be shocked, there are plenty who still hark back to his mythical first three Brazil 1970 games (we weren't even that good) and how he was forced to change after (we didn't) and what would have happened if he were backed.

I've never known the vitriol/performance curve to be so wildly off the normal scale as with him. He was in some (not all) ways as bad as Hoddle, Zenga or Saunders. But he got nowt.

I remember Zenga at least being likable. Totally bought in to his "the ball is never out" line.

And he inexplicably got a tune out of Joao Teixeira for a bit. Remember Tex was the more exciting out of all our Portuguese imports? Halcyon days. 😂

I remember Zenga at least being likable. Totally bought in to his "the ball is never out" line.

And he inexplicably got a tune out of Joao Teixeira for a bit. Remember Tex was the more exciting out of all our Portuguese imports? Halcyon days. 😂
Seemed like a complete arse to me. Perhaps at least he knew he was a bit of a joke, unlike Bruno, but that’s about it.

Zenga was batshit mad though wasn't he, which for a time made him entertaining, which made him likeable.

Until results and performances overtook that.

For me it is integral to get a big signing in early/top target(ok to pay a bit over what you really wanna pay)..then it will be easier to get other players onboard/signed..but if nothing happens and we just sell players, nobody wanna play for us, with almost no ambition..and we have to pay more and tougher personal terms etc...

For me it is integral to get a big signing in early/top target(ok to pay a bit over what you really wanna pay)..then it will be easier to get other players onboard/signed..but if nothing happens and we just sell players, nobody wanna play for us, with almost no ambition..and we have to pay more and tougher personal terms etc...
There’s no evidence whatsoever that Scott and Elvedi don’t want to come.

There’s no evidence whatsoever that Scott and Elvedi don’t want to come.
That was not my point, get Scott(or Elvedi) in fast if they are top targets and more people will follow more easily .

That was not my point, get Scott(or Elvedi) in fast if they are top targets and more people will follow more easily .
I think we're lucky in that the lure of the Premier League probably overrides a lot of smaller issues a player might have with a club.

How much did chelsea spend last season..net investment of £206m..how does Financial Fair Play(FFP) work?

Being owned by Boehly is punishment enough.

I mean, nothing fair play about that really

How much did chelsea spend last season..net investment of £206m..how does Financial Fair Play(FFP) work?
Doesn't matter how it works. Don't worry about that.

Our current way of working is fuck all to do with FFP

Lets se if we can score more than once against Luton tonight, will be fun to watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back