• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do hope there's a reasonable amount of vocal disgruntlement at the game tonight
There probably will be but unless bull”SHI”t Jeff is there it won’t make a blind bit of difference, tbf it won’t anyway as the yes man will just ignore it. Fucker will probably be in hiding until some barely passable good news can be spewed out.

TBH i don't see Alex Scott as being the difference between us getting relegated or not. I'd see someone like Elvedi as much more important in terms of squad weaknesses at the moment.

Hopefully we have a better season that "lets just not get relegated" though

I recon tonight could be pretty bad.
Shi is in China, I believe Hobbs is to, but that's not been confirmed.

Hoping that bits true, and Hobbs is having a serious chat with Guo, and Shi

Interesting looking at Celtic's group of players at Lansdowne Road on Saturday,
Japanese players x 5
Korean players x 3
Wonder if there's a good reason that we don't skim the top off the far Eastern market?
Everytime you watch them at the world cup they always seem to have some quality players on the pitch.

I'd assume they're having a lot of difficult conversations almost every day, given that it's their job.

I still wouldn't buy the argument that Fosun have no plan but they're playing a very high-risk game and I don't see the reward as comparable at this point.

I do hope there's a reasonable amount of vocal disgruntlement at the game tonight
As I’ve said before. Put anything to a nice little ditty and the South Bank will sing it. Usually the more offensive, the more popular. But keep it simple.

Interesting looking at Celtic's group of players at Lansdowne Road on Saturday,
Japanese players x 5
Korean players x 3
Wonder if there's a good reason that we don't skim the top off that market?
Everytime you watch them at the world cup they always seem to have some quality players on the pitch.
Celtic has a history of being a good club to East Asian players. I'd guess that the likes of Nakamura helped foster at least awareness of Celtic in Japan, as well.

I'm not sure people minded to pay £11 to watch us against Luton in a friendly on a pissing wet Wednesday in early August are going to be particularly vocal in terms of anti-ownership. All based on one tweet from John Percy which has since been contradicted.

I'm not sure people minded to pay £11 to watch us against Luton in a friendly on a pissing wet Wednesday in early August are going to be particularly vocal in terms of anti-ownership. All based on one tweet from John Percy which has since been contradicted.
I don't know. £11 will attract the Twitter/X element of our support out so therer might be a lot of shouting about things.

Probably no signs written on bed sheets though as their Mums will kill 'em

I mean it's true, some of our fans are fucking idiots.

wolves-fans-turn-on-their-owners.jpg

I doubt anything will happen unless we go 4-0 down or something ridiculous though.

I'm not going.

I don't think that febrile kind of atmosphere is really there right now.

Look at Lage getting NO flak at home games when we were awful for months. Like absolutely none. And he was an odious dork who had no business being anywhere near that job.

Look at Lage getting NO flak at home games when we were awful for months. Like absolutely none. And he was an odious dork who had no business being anywhere near that job.
So what you are saying is we need someone to photoshop a picture of Jeff with either a tactics board or a bank statement with £0 as the balance?

No that’s true

It began to get a bit ugly (or felt like it was) towards Sellars and Shi before we appointed Julen. Obviously they just removed Sellars from that situation, and I can’t remember the last time Jeff was seen

Sellars got plenty of shit.

The fans didn't blame Lage at all, they thought he'd been thrown under the bus by Shi and Sellars. Plenty of vocal discontent there, warranted or not.

Sellars got plenty of shit.

The fans didn't blame Lage at all, they thought he'd been thrown under the bus by Shi and Sellars. Plenty of vocal discontent there, warranted or not.
Sellars was only vs Leicester I think?

Wrong target anyway and Lage got away incredibly lightly. Most of it was his fault.

I can’t remember the last time Jeff was seen
In front of the camera's - Probably the day Julen arrived

He has been at events and photographed in the background but certainly since Lopetegui arrived he has withdrawn himself as the face of the club. Used to love a soundbite or being involved with the players in their welcome photoshoots

Fairweather
It might rain tbf, and I have to walk in right now as the Merridale Road is all being dug up...

I am going on Saturday to slag off "Geoff Shi" and ask why we haven't signed a "Paul Ince type midfielder".

Don’t forget to ask “weres the munny gon?”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back