• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s like asking Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock to slow down.

giphy.gif

Actual footage of Johnny jumping into a fight

So everyone else is wrong to question what Matt Hobbs has said in the media but you've interpreted right? Oh and everybody else isn't capable of understanding just for good measure

Seems a bit arrogant of you don't you think?
😂 yeah arrogant got it spot on. It’s a forum where people have opinions isn’t it so you said yesterday. Hobbs said they were trying and you said he looked stupid for saying so. I don’t agree, if he had said what Tony thought he had said and to expect it then i would agree with you all but he didn’t say that and i’m not putting words in his mouth. If we don’t get players in quite soon then again i would say it’s fair to ask questions but not right now.

😂 yeah arrogant got it spot on. It’s a forum where people have opinions isn’t it so you said yesterday. Hobbs said they were trying and you said he looked stupid for saying so. I don’t agree, if he had said what Tony thought he had said and to expect it then i would agree with you all but he didn’t say that and i’m not putting words in his mouth. If we don’t get players in quite soon then again i would say it’s fair to ask questions but not right now.
Fair enough. Not how I read it though.

I did take umbridge to being told that what I read meant I didn't understand what was said it going. And I really don't think you're spot on.

As Andy says, undersell and overdeliver.

The tangible results can be the same but they can be periceved differently depending on under or overselling.

I’m not particularly bothered, and I’m not moaning. But I’d agree with an opinion that his statement was silly and unnecessary, and probably could have been worded better.

Yes people will moan whatver he says and whether he said anything at all, but that’s the same for anything. You can certainly control those numbers and make yourself potentially look less silly by wording things better than he has.

Fair enough. Not how I read it though.

I did take umbridge to being told that what I read meant I didn't understand what was said it going. And I really don't think you're spot on.
I’m sure you’ll get over it, it’s really not that deep. When he said try and people are saying he said expect they’re the one’s getting it wrong, that’s fact. I can understand people thinking it was something he shouldn’t have said as Mel pointed out but i would say that’s down to fans not being able to manage their own expectations or interpreting it as him saying they would get the deals done.

So people are upset that the club's sporting director is communicating and being transparent with the fans? This is why we can't have nice things.

Normal service resumed by the looks of it, two days into a transfer window, no future signings in view so let’s all turn on each other and bitch and snipe

"“We’ll try and get one or two more done before 1st January, but when you’re trying to take players from other teams, they have games now, and they need replacements, so it’s not always easy. We’re working on two more, but the head coach made it clear that the players here are also important and will form the nucleus of the team because there’s a lot of talent."

“Of the targets we’ve identified, not one’s been mentioned publicly. In football, it’s inevitable that stuff gets out when you get to a certain point, but we don’t put players in the public domain. We do our work quietly and Julen has been clear that’s how he works, so it’s perfectly aligned. Anything which comes out won’t be from us.

“We want to get our work done early. We don’t want to waste January. We’ll be working flat out across Christmas, going into the new year, trying to get one or two more done soon for sure.”

It's hardly setting a concrete position, is it.

If we don't have another couple in for West Ham I'll be annoyed (not because I take everything the club say at face value and work myself into a froth, it's because we need new players as we have a lot of shit ones), we'll see.

"“We’ll try and get one or two more done before 1st January, but when you’re trying to take players from other teams, they have games now, and they need replacements, so it’s not always easy. We’re working on two more, but the head coach made it clear that the players here are also important and will form the nucleus of the team because there’s a lot of talent."

“Of the targets we’ve identified, not one’s been mentioned publicly. In football, it’s inevitable that stuff gets out when you get to a certain point, but we don’t put players in the public domain. We do our work quietly and Julen has been clear that’s how he works, so it’s perfectly aligned. Anything which comes out won’t be from us.

“We want to get our work done early. We don’t want to waste January. We’ll be working flat out across Christmas, going into the new year, trying to get one or two more done soon for sure.”

If we don't have another couple in for West Ham I'll be annoyed (not because I take everything the club say at face value and work myself into a froth, it's because we need new players as we have a lot of shit ones), we'll see.
The voice of reason.

I’d be interest to know what players had been linked publicly when this interview took place, so we could supposedly rule them out.

I’m sure you’ll get over it, it’s really not that deep. When he said try and people are saying he said expect they’re the one’s getting it wrong, that’s fact. I can understand people thinking it was something he shouldn’t have said as Mel pointed out but i would say that’s down to fans not being able to manage their own expectations or interpreting it as him saying they would get the deals done.
It was daft to say any date, that immediately sets you up to fail.

Loads of fans have been whingeing about the club not telling us stuff, he said we're trying to bring 1 or 2 in before 1st Jan but it's not straightforward. Not sure what's difficult to understand about that or why people are getting their knickers in a twist. If we have no more new players announced by the middle of the window then absolutely kick off.

Loads of fans have been whingeing about the club not telling us stuff, he said we're trying to bring 1 or 2 in before 1st Jan but it's not straightforward. Not sure what's difficult to understand about that or why people are getting their knickers in a twist. If we have no more new players announced by the middle of the window then absolutely kick off.
Thanks for telling people when they can 'kick off'. That's good to know 👍

It was daft to say any date, that immediately sets you up to fail.
It does if you promise or expect. DW put the whole quote and he doesn’t, he explains why it might be tough to do so even if that’s what they want. Don’t want to keeping going back and forward though, we don’t agree so i’ll leave it there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back