• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does if you promise or expect. DW put the whole quote and he doesn’t, he explains why it might be tough to do so even if that’s what they want. Don’t want to keeping going back and forward though, we don’t agree so i’ll leave it there.
He also says that's what they're aiming for so he sets himself up to fail.

I think we're all experienced enough here to realise that transfers in take time , even in the Summer when no clubs are playing .
I very much doubt that anyone expected a few more players by Jan 1st .
Maybe 1 at best .
It has always taken time before , so it will take time now .

I think we're all experienced enough here to realise that transfers in take time , even in the Summer when no clubs are playing .
I very much doubt that anyone expected a few more players by Jan 1st .
Maybe 1 at best .
It has always taken time before , so it will take time now .
Like Cunha?

He should have just said that they're not trying, they don't care, they're enjoying their Christmas holidays too much, they prefer Doom Bar to any other beer and they really enjoyed the festive edition of Mrs Brown's Boys.

As every word they say is always micro analysed, why not go the whole hog and add some extra spice into the mix?

In seperate news, thought I’d run through our transfers since the EL QF (the point where we started going backwards) on wikipedia and look at how many transfers have been unequivocal successes in that period looking at contribution and factoring fee paid.

The jury is still out on some as they’ve either been here less than 6 months, were signed with development in mind or injuries have messed it up.

But I’d only really say Sa as an unequivocal success given he was cheap and has in the main been a positive. As mediocre as Marcal was he was cheap and did a job (when fit) so I’ll say him aswell but that’s probably where I stop. RAN probably the closest but is currently out the team to an “academy” product and had a poor start to the year.

We really need to start getting some right, and it needs to be straight away, starting with Cunha.

He should have just said that they're not trying, they don't care, they're enjoying their Christmas holidays too much, they prefer Doom Bar to any other beer and they really enjoyed the festive edition of Mrs Brown's Boys.

As every word they say is always micro analysed, why not go the whole hog and add some extra spice into the mix?
What a very weird response.

Doesn't detract from the point but I guess we'd make money on Sarkic and Bolla from an investment perspective

What a very weird response.
Not really. It's January 2nd and people are picking apart a few lines for some rather odd personal gain. Nothing was promised, just that the club, the head coach, the recruitment team, everyone at the club all understand the need to get signings in as early in the window as possible. Which for some odd reason now means we've been lied to or something of that ilk.

I've no doubts we're trying hard to get players in - we've got Cunha and no way JL takes the job here without assurances that we need a lot of investment because the current crop ain't cutting it.

We all know we need players, I just can't really understand the masochistic desire to kick off about a comment from the club on day 2 of the window opening.

If we have no more incoming by the end of the window then fair enough. We'll most likely go down. Not quite at that stage yet though, are we? Why get so wound up about it? It's not healthy.

The transfer window has been open 2 days. TWO. I'm not entirely sure what people were expecting?

Not really. It's January 2nd and people are picking apart a few lines for some rather odd personal gain. Nothing was promised, just that the club, the head coach, the recruitment team, everyone at the club all understand the need to get signings in as early in the window as possible. Which for some odd reason now means we've been lied to or something of that ilk.

I've no doubts we're trying hard to get players in - we've got Cunha and no way JL takes the job here without assurances that we need a lot of investment because the current crop ain't cutting it.

We all know we need players, I just can't really understand the masochistic desire to kick off about a comment from the club on day 2 of the window opening.

If we have no more incoming by the end of the window then fair enough. We'll most likely go down. Not quite at that stage yet though, are we? Why get so wound up about it? It's not healthy.

Your post was weird as it was completely out of context with the discussion.

Interesting that you think people are wound up that we haven't bought anybody since Cunha. Nobody has said that at any point.

Loads of fans have been whingeing about the club not telling us stuff, he said we're trying to bring 1 or 2 in before 1st Jan but it's not straightforward. Not sure what's difficult to understand about that or why people are getting their knickers in a twist. If we have no more new players announced by the middle of the window then absolutely kick off.
Yeah, talking about yourself right there...

The transfer window has been open 2 days. TWO. I'm not entirely sure what people were expecting?
DimwittedBriefChameleon-size_restricted.gif

Wallace and Percy in the telegraph running with Nunes to Liverpool for £44 million probably in the summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back