• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only half true. Fosun lose more out of Mendes doing us over than they gain in any agency profit. They are in it for a win win, it's not been that for 3 years. Employ a competent Chief Exec and it might be. Mendes is taking the piss and not having a football savvy man at the top enables that
That depends on where Mendes puts his money

Wallace and Percy in the telegraph running with Nunes to Liverpool for £44 million probably in the summer.
It can ONLY be in the summer as he played for sporting. Liverpool forums calling this as complete bollocks by the way.

I love how Shi still gets raked over the coals with each new dodgy deal that comes to pass, the Mendes relationship is way above his pay grade. Fosun's entire football endeavour is rooted with Mendes, they bought Wolves in order to do business with him, they didn't get involved with Mendes to make Wolves the best team they can be.
Change Shi for Guo, Fosun, whoever. The point is the same…

Look, I know everyone here thinks Nunes can be truly great, but this is an awful lot of handwringing for a player who has contributed to exactly one goal in nearly 1000 minutes.

I'm guessing that's still the plan. I don't see it personally.

I don't think Dortmund made a lot on Haaland iirc

They doubled their money at least. Think they got him for around 16/17m and sold for £45m, way under market but obviously part of the contractual agreement.

Only half true. Fosun lose more out of Mendes doing us over than they gain in any agency profit. They are in it for a win win, it's not been that for 3 years. Employ a competent Chief Exec and it might be. Mendes is taking the piss and not having a football savvy man at the top enables that
Fosun have all the chief executive they need, they basically bought Wolves because 3rd party ownership rules were tightened and they needed a more legitimate way of putting their money into Mendes' mits.

Fosun have all the chief executive they need, they basically bought Wolves because 3rd party ownership rules were tightened and they needed a more legitimate way of putting their money into Mendes' mits.
Why though?

Should we stay up we'll need a brand new whole midfield, anyone think we have the ability to find a new PL ready midfield 3?

Not the point though is it.
A lot of the Shi/Mendes stuff is filling in some serious blanks, IMO.

Given his output so far I genuinely wasn't expecting that we'd make a profit at all if he did end up being sold in June.

@MARKakaJIM (phone won't let me quote).
I don't agree with that. They wanted to invest in a football club and use Mendes as a cheat code to make money. That's essentially what got us to the PL and 7th. Leaking millions doesn't make sense, the metaphorical brown paper bags you are alluding to would need to be enormous to balance the equilibrium. He's playing them at this stage

Why though?
Mendes got them into the football business with the premise that player transfers were the only profitable part of the industry. At the time of that pitch 3rd party ownership wasn't as strictly governed and it would've been easy for Fosun to dip their money in that way, facilitating transfers like those involving Falcao for Mendes. When the governance changed the only way to play that game was either be an agent or own a club.

@Tony Towner

I'm genuinely curious what he's done to increase his transfer value since signing for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back