• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to admit Palhinha has surprised me. I was expecting a bit of a plodding yellow card machine but he has been very good indeed.

I have to admit Palhinha has surprised me. I was expecting a bit of a plodding yellow card machine but he has been very good indeed.
That is how he was described by a few people on here over & over again, so eventually shit sticks.

Tbf I was the same mind as Paddy but I based my view on about 2 and a half games for Portugal, (and DWs knowledge obviously).

Looks like Palhinha is going to stay at Fulham for as long as Nunes did Wolves, probably off to Bayern

Taking out any 'favours' for incoming players like Doyle and Bueno, getting £53m for a player we bought for £38m a year ago who has shown his true quality in less than 10 games for us is very good business.

It'll all be pointless if we don't see the money reinvested in the team but on it's own, it's a very good deal for a player who should have shown us a LOT more than he did.

Need another first team winger. Another CB if GON doesnt trust Toti and wants to play 3ATB.

My long term hope is upgrading RB and GK, maybe ST too, but that will get shelved indefinitely I guess.

Obviously it’s not the £60m we wanted, but it’s a reasonable profit given Nunes’ inconsistent performances for us. Like others have said, he’ll be a completely different player for them then he was here, but that’s largely out of our control.

Add to that the reduced fee for Bueno & Doyle, plus a 10% sell on clause for Nunes, and I think we’ve pretty much done as well as we could out of it.

I’m pleased that, on the face of it, it seems we’ve learned lessons from the Jota debacle.

So we have three new players coming in immediately. I wonder if we can get another couple over the line? We certainly seem in the market for more.

I imagine he'll have a different 'job' at Man City to be honest. Surrounded by creative players, and no pressure to score goals/create chances because the likes of Haaland and Foden are freaks of nature.

Obviously it’s not the £60m we wanted, but it’s a reasonable profit given Nunes’ inconsistent performances for us. Like others have said, he’ll be a completely different player for them then he was here, but that’s largely out of our control.

Add to that the reduced fee for Bueno & Doyle, plus a 10% sell on clause for Nunes, and I think we’ve pretty much done as well as we could out of it.

I’m pleased that, on the face of it, it seems we’ve learned lessons from the Jota debacle.

So we have three new players coming in immediately. I wonder if we can get another couple over the line? We certainly seem in the market for more.
I think if you add in the "saving" we're making on bueno & Doyle it gets really close to the £60m

Seems a few after Adams (Palace, Signeveryplayer Forest).
No clue why but they are.

Time to roll out one of @Deutsch Wolf fave footballing phrases...bidding war.

hope we lose it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back