• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Southampton want £15m plus. For those numbers Iheanacho or Daka look better value (and we could do better than those too, you would think)

We do not need Che fucking Adams, we got 3 strikers already who are in the goals😉

Palhinha or Nunes was the debate start of last season.

It was one or the other and of course they are entirely different types of midfielders.

Who would have been the best buy?

Palhinha available to us at £18m now being considered by Bayern for £60m but Fulham overrate him at £80m, or Nunes who we bought for £44m ( tho some say £38m) and sold him for £47m (tho in reality possibly £57m when you factor in Doyle at £5m).

I still think that Palhinha ( my love child Centre- Mid) would have been a better buy.

He was offered to us twice as far as I know, wonder whose decision it was?

If we’d bought better last summer (perfectly possible, and in hindsight Palinha had a great season) then maybe Lage would still be in charge?!

Nunes or Palhinha?

Where the fuck was that debate happening? Did anyone realize how ridiculous that comparison is?

They’re completely different types of player.

Sad we didn’t hold out for asking. Weak mentality

We did. And City paid it in the player swap plus cheaper chap from Girona that they also own.

Oh did we? Nm then

Clearly I’ve paid attention. All I saw was a 55m headline in rss feed

We are getting a player on loan with an option to buy for £4.3m who probably has a market value well north of £15m. Plus we are getting a CB from Girona (part of the City Group) at a reduced fee. And with the Nunes fee being lower we give less to Sporting for their sell-on clause. It adds up.

We are getting a player on loan with an option to buy for £4.3m who probably has a market value well north of £15m. Plus we are getting a CB from Girona (part of the City Group) at a reduced fee. And with the Nunes fee being lower we give less to Sporting for their sell-on clause. It adds up.
Agree, it’s a good deal all round but perhaps not a great deal that many were hoping for, including myself.
The big win for me is that it’s another Mendes player out of our club, and whilst we may still have some involvement with his company the less player dealing we have with him the better. He’s an absolute leech who has fleeced us big time.
When we were splashing the cash he was all over us like a fat kid on a chocolate, but when we needed support throughout the debacle of the last couple of months he was no where to be seen…..wanker.
Doyle I think will be a solid addition to the midfield and well worth north of £15m.
Finally we have some buying latitude as it seems, but there needs to be an inquest as to how the fuck we have got ourselves into this mess in the first place and make sure we don’t make the same mistakes going forward.

Wasn't sure where to put this but I think this is a decent place. Snippet from an athletic article I found interesting.

With some clubs, it has gone past number valuations, it’s just greed. Some owners are looking at Brighton and deciding they want to replicate it, but some players may be looking at how they played hardball with Caicedo and fear that they could be trapped,” says a European agent who has conducted deals all across the world and, like several others in this piece, is speaking on the condition of anonymity.

“If, like Kudus, I think my player could play for Manchester City or Arsenal tomorrow, why would I go to Brighton for £35m when in a year they will ask the team he really wants to go to for £100m?

“You could argue that you are better to stay put for a year, maintain control and go straight to a destination club.”

Though they've managed to extract top value for players sold the last couple of years, that is now going to affect the players they can sign.

Just another example of the glass ceiling for clubs in the PL..

Palhinha or Nunes was the debate start of last season.

It was one or the other and of course they are entirely different types of midfielders.

Who would have been the best buy?

Palhinha available to us at £18m now being considered by Bayern for £60m but Fulham overrate him at £80m, or Nunes who we bought for £44m ( tho some say £38m) and sold him for £47m (tho in reality possibly £57m when you factor in Doyle at £5m).

I still think that Palhinha ( my love child Centre- Mid) would have been a better buy.

He was offered to us twice as far as I know, wonder whose decision it was?
It wasn't ever an either/or. We were only doing the Palhinha deal if Neves left. In hindsight I don't see why the two couldn't have played together, but we didn't choose to sign Nunes instead of him

Last edited:
Wasn't sure where to put this but I think this is a decent place. Snippet from an athletic article I found interesting.

With some clubs, it has gone past number valuations, it’s just greed. Some owners are looking at Brighton and deciding they want to replicate it, but some players may be looking at how they played hardball with Caicedo and fear that they could be trapped,” says a European agent who has conducted deals all across the world and, like several others in this piece, is speaking on the condition of anonymity.

“If, like Kudus, I think my player could play for Manchester City or Arsenal tomorrow, why would I go to Brighton for £35m when in a year they will ask the team he really wants to go to for £100m?

“You could argue that you are better to stay put for a year, maintain control and go straight to a destination club.”

Though they've managed to extract top value for players sold the last couple of years, that is now going to affect the players they can sign.

Just another example of the glass ceiling for clubs in the PL..
Sounds simple but they get game time and exposure at Brighton that they won’t get if they don’t move. Not Brighton but look at Palhinha, it was widely known he was a solid player but if he’d stayed in Portugal nobody was suddenly offering close to £60m this summer.

It wasn't ever an either/or. We were only doing the Palhinha deal if Neves left. In hindsight I don't see why the two couldn't have played together, but we didn't choose to sign Nunes instead of him
I agree with that but don't think that we would ever have bought both without Neves going.

Nunes or Palhinha?

Where the fuck was that debate happening? Did anyone realize how ridiculous that comparison is?

They’re completely different types of player.
Sorry I must have forgotten to mention that they were totally different CMs
Oh actually I did mention that :)-

This is widely presumed but not necessarily factual. Palhinha could have replaced Moutinho and potentially complimented Neves.
We went on to buy a poor mans Palhinha in Traore anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back