• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Set up for life is a very individual thing. If you want to buy a Carribean Island every penny helps. If you want to go into politics the richer the better. Yes you can only drive one car etc etc but footballers wealth is peanuts compared to some. The only person who can judge whether it is worth moving there is Neves. He seems a very grounded person and I’m sure if he has indeed signed it is the right decision for him. Plenty of time to scratch a CL itch later in his career.

It'll effect his International career too, and not in a good way.
In what way? Yes, the Saudi league is far from being on par with the Prem, but if he goes there and dominates it and dominates in the AFC Champion's League also(Which I think he will), I don't see why he wouldn't still continue to get selected for the national team.

It'll effect his International career too, and not in a good way.
He’ll have thought about this and probably more things we can’t guess at. He’s clearly comfortable (relatively) with the risk, if there is one.

Forget himself, he’s making enough that his children will never want for anything again, either. That’s got to be powerful.

If they're still picking the egomaniac number 7 then I don't think Rubes will have any issues getting called up.

If they're still picking the egomaniac number 7 then I don't think Rubes will have any issues getting called up.
That's a bit different though isn't it?

Playing well in the Prem is of far more significance than playing very well in Saudi.

Brum Mail going with the clickiest of click bait headline they could throw together.
Screenshot_20230618_213917_Facebook.jpg

If I'm not mistaken you don't need to pay personal tax in Saudi either, so you actually have in the bank something like 20 times more, not 10.
Yep, no tax of any sort. Usually all expenses paid too. I don't understand the fume on SM about this. He was going Barca last year but they dicked him and the club around. They have done the same this year, and they publicly stated they were not paying any money for him.He could have just waited either till the end of the window, or left next year which would have helped no one. Ruben going now helps the club no end, and i believe part of this transfer is to help the club. Obviously cash wise it helps him but not CL wise.
He's young enough to set him and the family up for life, and still be young enough to come back to Europe and play for a CL club.
I personally think everyone in this deal has played a blinder, with no losers on any side.

He’ll have thought about this and probably more things we can’t guess at. He’s clearly comfortable (relatively) with the risk, if there is one.

Forget himself, he’s making enough that his children will never want for anything again, either. That’s got to be powerful.
And that is what good Dad's do. He obviously is a very good one.

At the end of the day, doesn’t sound like anyone else wanted him. Barca did, ish, but aren’t paying.

So he either bumbles round the bottom half of the PL earning nothing in comparison, screwing over Wolves with no fee and going nowhere career wise. Or, earns a fuck loads, helps Wolves and goes nowhere career wise but probably has an avenue out in a year or two.

That's a bit different though isn't it?

Playing well in the Prem is of far more significance than playing very well in Saudi.
If they can call up Ronaldo from the tin pot league then they'll call Ruben up.

It doesn't really matter as he hasn't got in their team on a regular basis in the years he's played for us, so nothing is likely to change.

Have Porto got much of a sell on for Neves does anyone know?

After a year or two on these wages, he can go to whoever he wants and play for free if he wants to.

If this ansu fati playing for spain tonight, is the one barca tried to dump on us and didnt want to come..........
Thank Fuck for that!

If this ansu fati playing for spain tonight, is the one barca tried to dump on us and didnt want to come..........
Thank Fuck for that!
More Jorge Mendes tried to dump him on us but yes it's him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back