• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
So as a bog standard fan who hasn’t got a clue about amortisation and FFP, are we gonna sign someone half decent?

Oh I’ve given up on worrying. I’ll be topside, joyfully singing a shanty as our ship sinks to the depths of relegation.

Sport is supposed to be fun, isn’t it?

Yeah, come September the pre match Holdens Glow will be deadening the pain.

We are going to struggle. You can think what you like but we are the in the shit. And nobody will convince me otherwise.
If you you stand still there is only one way you go and that's relegation. No

To me it reads that the club needed a profitable window for FFP reasons but the main factor now is that the purse strings have gone tight simply as a choice.

Given it was them throwing money down the drain constantly, these new restrictions "as a choice" certainly are saying something.

Turning down the money for Kilman is more baffling each time we read how dire things are.

Footballing side is also a head-scratcher...all these issues so have to limit targets and focus on key areas so the main one locally they can find that fits is...Cresswell?

Iheanacho being available for 10m seems like an absolute steal. Not always the most impressive but can't argue with his record.

We are going to struggle. You can think what you like but we are the in the shit. And nobody will convince me otherwise.
If you you stand still there is only one way you go and that's relegation. No

The problem will be when injuries and suspensions start to hit. The first eleven is OK and has only really lost Neves and Costa - but it'll only take an injury to any of Dawson, Lemina, Sasa/Silva to send us really into the deep brown stuff.

We've also got to hope and pray that Silva is ready.

I don't think Silva really wants to be at the club, we had the stuff from his dad and then even yesterday he started with "for as long as I am here"

The first 11 and a few of the subs are ok, and i'm hopeful we wouldn't go down but the problem is there's no goals in the team. Last season we did well to get some of those wins but when you're operating on such fine margins and needing to win 1-0 there's such little margin for error.

The problem will be when injuries and suspensions start to hit. The first eleven is OK and has only really lost Neves and Costa - but it'll only take an injury to any of Dawson, Lemina, Sasa/Silva to send us really into the deep brown stuff.

We've also got to hope and pray that Silva is ready.
This is what
all the fans know
The manager knows
The squad know

It seems the only 2 that don't are Shi, and Guo

Iheanacho being available for 10m seems like an absolute steal. Not always the most impressive but can't argue with his record.
Agreed. I think he's worth a go at that price. His first touch and finishing is occasionally suspect, but he sets up a lot of chances too. Still got 5 goals, 5 assists last season for Leicester which is 1 goal in every 2.5 games based on his minutes.

We haven't got much cash, and we are far from an attractive proposition at the moment, Inheanacho would be at the top end of who we would be able to bring in i think.

Whilst we have Sasa, Silva and to a less extent Cunha I can see us bringing in anyone who plays central forward / striker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back