• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The January 2024 "Will we actually sign a striker or just Che Adams/Kieffer Moore" Transfer Thread

You can't have it one way and not the other. Yes the club's management got us in the mess in the first place and they should be rightly lambasted for it, but you can't not give them some credit for realising it, fixing it and still somehow keeping us more competetive than we were. The latter part of that sentence may be more by luck than judgement but that's only for us to guess at.

I think the latter part is more luck than judgement. None of us predicted O’Neil would be this successful and would get this level of performance out of Hwang, Cunha et al. Happy to admit they did absolutely the right thing in the summer and well done them, but it could have been avoided.

It's all a bit spaghetti history, isn't it? There's no telling how things would have gone if they had had a "better" plan; the execution is still a total unknown. Maybe they fuck that up even worse and we don't get Lop to save us in the first place.

It's impossible to know, so even though it seems a low bar, staying in the Prem isn't nothing.

I'd started to come round to the idea of Adams in chasing down, pressing and the occasional goal kinda way but 6m seems way ott to me.

I was open minded to Broja until I saw him play on Xmas Eve, he was awful. Chelsea need to sell their youth players at over the market prices to make their financial model work
Trading off maybe 10 good games for Southampton years ago. He's slow, lazy and doesn't score.

Not saying I'd spend it on Adams, but 6m for a forward seems like peanuts in 2024.

I think that we’ll all take Adams for £6m over Broja for £50m!

The question becomes "why is that the biggest number Saints will put on him"?

It offers its own answers, which aren't positive ones, by and large.

I was open minded to Broja until I saw him play on Xmas Eve, he was awful. Chelsea need to sell their youth players at over the market prices to make their financial model work

Yeah, I don’t particularly rate him. Isn’t a prolific scorer and he’s quite lazy.

Plus if he turned into a goalscoring machine on loan for us we’d either a) not be able to afford him or b) Chelsea would want keep him.

The question becomes "why is that the biggest number Saints will put on him"?

It offers its own answers, which aren't positive ones, by and large.
He's out of contract soon, if I was him I'd try and score a few goals where he is, then he gets a move and can ask for extra on his wages cos he's free.

Back