• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The January 2024 "Will we actually sign a striker or just Che Adams/Kieffer Moore" Transfer Thread

To be fair, he doesn't say boring, he infers less exciting than previous signings.

Unrelated, look at how underwhelmed so many were about Lemina, Dawson etc.

To be fair, he doesn't say boring, he infers less exciting than previous signings.

Unrelated, look at how underwhelmed so many were about Lemina, Dawson etc.
Che Adams won’t be deemed as an “exciting signing”, so I suspect that’s what he means. Still not the best way of phrasing it, though!

Che Adams won’t be deemed as an “exciting signing”, so I suspect that’s what he means. Still not the best way of phrasing it, though!
Guess it rules out Ekitike too!

I just took it to mean the number or signings (which could be zero) is what makes it not as exciting a window as previous windows. Not the calibre / status of any player we sign.

I still think they've got a CF, and a centreback in talks at least, but in true wolves fashion they are saying fuck all.

No, just no

chin_1728017c.jpg

Interesting one, attitude would be a question mark for me as there have been numerous issues in the last year or two.

On forwards - don't bother just signing any old crap like Ings or Adams, we can give Fraser minutes instead of that. If we can sign a good striker and let him out on loan then so be it but he can play a part for sure.

I’d definitely give him minutes ahead of some of the mooted signings.
Was he perfect tonight? No, but he took his goal very well, nearly [probably should have] had another and at least made their centre half know he was there. Something the Bellegarde experiment failed to do.

Just watched ings playing against bristol city, he should have retired already.

Making an assumption here, but is any forward/striker we bring in likely to be just another body, youngster, journeyman?
If so would we be better just keeping Fraser around and try and give him minutes here and there off the bench, or would that have a detrimental effect on his progress?

Making an assumption here, but is any forward/striker we bring in likely to be just another body, youngster, journeyman?
If so would we be better just keeping Fraser around and try and give him minutes here and there off the bench, or would that have a detrimental effect on his progress?
If there is a good journeyman available that lets Fraser go on loan to a good club and score goals then it may be a good idea

Shrewsbury is not that club and Ings is not that journeyman.

apparently Etikete wants to move for playing time, and is willing to take a pay cut.
It'd have to be a massive pay cut to maintain our interest I'd have thought!

apparently Etikete wants to move for playing time, and is willing to take a pay cut.
Ekitike is on a reported £80-100k per week.

It wouldn't be that dramatic a cut I'd have thought.

I've never seen him play and I realise he hasn't had many minutes but would he be that much less of a gamble than keeping Fraser?

Back