• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Live Match Discussion Thread: 2019/2020

These World Cup Rewinds are a good watch especially the ones of the late 70s/early 80s when football was far less globalised and a lot of the players on show you would only see every 4 years or so. Personally speaking I loved watching the great Brazil-Italy game a few weeks ago from Espana 82. I think last week was the France-England game with Keegans only minutes ever played in a WC when he missed his header

Nah, they haven't shown that one yet.

I know as Pad and I have a live comms SMS thread of our own (he's only just got back into using a phone, WhatsApp can wait until later) :)

We have had Brazil v Italy and France v West Germany and Northern Ireland v Spain from 1982 so far.

Was on some old football show, maybe Get Shirty then - definitely saw the moment he rose majestically into the air with his perm in overdrive!

The England games have been:

Cameroon 1990
Argentina 1998

They've shown Germany 1990, Colombia 2018 and Argentina 2002 in full.

Yes seen those. I think it must have been on another old footie show like Get Shirty

We played way better in the 2002 game than I remembered.

They're showing the Cameroon 1990 game in full on Sunday and I'm pretty confident that we were utterly shite! Shilton's last hurrah.

Or maybe even in World Cup Rewind but not as a featured match but the bit where they show little clips of other things which happened in the tournament

These World Cup Rewinds are a good watch especially the ones of the late 70s/early 80s when football was far less globalised and a lot of the players on show you would only see every 4 years or so. Personally speaking I loved watching the great Brazil-Italy game a few weeks ago from Espana 82. I think last week was the France-England game with Keegans only minutes ever played in a WC when he missed his header
Keagan was against Spain not France

Think I'd rather void the season then watch these souless games to be honest.

Most disappointing thing for me is that BT Sport seem to have made their app worse for some reason. Don't get points of interest flagged up on the timeline anymore to easily skip to particular events.

Most disappointing thing for me is that BT Sport seem to have made their app worse for some reason.

Most disappointing thing for me is Steve McManaman is still commentating.

Plus they keep referring to it as “big time football”

Leipzig 1-1 with Freiburg... goal music in an empty stadium wow

Decent hour of football the Dortmund game. I forgot there was no crowd after a while (helped it was a good game) - final 20 minutes or so very flat as the game was done

Back