• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The NFL Thread

Their D is. Not picking against Mahomes though and Reid has a great record against his former staff

Bloody hell, The Bears made it into the Play Offs! I was sure we'd blown it last night but thanks Rams

All apart from probably the Lions are attractive jobs with young qbs (assuming Falcons, Jets and Jags all draft one in the Top4). Even Detroit could do at 7 if Atlanta pass because they think Ryan has another 3/4 years in him or they take the lad from North Dakota

Jets and Jags will still suck next year.
Lions will be meh - unless Stafford leaves.
Falcons have been poorly coached since reaching the Superbowl.
Texans need several new faces but do not have 1st or 2nd round draft pick. Also rumours that JJ Watt could be traded.
Chargers should be close to playoffs.

That seems harsh on Lynn who had a rookie QB and defensive woes.

Jets and Jags will still suck next year.
Lions will be meh - unless Stafford leaves.
Falcons have been poorly coached since reaching the Superbowl.
Texans need several new faces but do not have 1st or 2nd round draft pick. Also rumours that JJ Watt could be traded.
Chargers should be close to playoffs.
Jags will have a generational QB, a young roster full of potential and (I think) the largest cap space in the league whilst playing in a relatively pressure free market. It'd be a great job

Jags will have a generational QB, a young roster full of potential and (I think) the largest cap space in the league whilst playing in a relatively pressure free market. It'd be a great job
It's only a couple of years since they had a great defence, but something has gone seriously wrong there. Shahid Khan doesn't come across as a great owner. Sure there is the attraction of Trevor Lawrence, but they were seriously bad this season.

Think I’d stick with Ryan and concentrate on an elite pass rusher this draft. I don’t know who is in the draft but I know they’ve said QB is deep.

Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Rivers, Big Ben are all playing at the top level years on and there should be no theoretical drop off (he’s always been inconsistent regardless of age). OL has two former pro bowlers and 2 young first rounders. Plenty of weapons on offence but a RB will be needed, usually ten a penny in the draft.

We’ve been trying to sort out CBs and Pass rush for years with no success but the guys in charge of that were binned. But picking at 4 you’ve got potential to pick top quality. Plenty of picks later on as well that can be used to get back in round 2.
This team wasn’t the 4th worst team in the NFL, so with elite picks with an already good base, then next year could be good. The biggest differentiator in the NFL is coaching though, and I don’t know who that will be. Elite players help, but coaching is more Important.

Think I’d stick with Ryan and concentrate on an elite pass rusher this draft. I don’t know who is in the draft but I know they’ve said QB is deep.

Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Rivers, Big Ben are all playing at the top level years on and there should be no theoretical drop off (he’s always been inconsistent regardless of age). OL has two former pro bowlers and 2 young first rounders. Plenty of weapons on offence but a RB will be needed, usually ten a penny in the draft.

We’ve been trying to sort out CBs and Pass rush for years with no success but the guys in charge of that were binned. But picking at 4 you’ve got potential to pick top quality. Plenty of picks later on as well that can be used to get back in round 2.
This team wasn’t the 4th worst team in the NFL, so with elite picks with an already good base, then next year could be good. The biggest differentiator in the NFL is coaching though, and I don’t know who that will be. Elite players help, but coaching is more Important.
Draft Big Boards are subjective, but tend to be consistent within a place or 2 in the Top 10 or so. It's not predicted to be a good draft for edge rushers, but if you want Defense then you should trade back to a team who wants a QB

Will depend on the coach I guess. But personally I’d drop down a few and get some more draft capital

Browns have been Covided again. Head Coach won't be there for their biggest game in 20 years

Decided to give the play-offs a watch this year after getting into All or Nothing on Prime. Only ever watched the Superbowl - so any pointers on where a beginner can get some NFL knowledge and which team would be good to follow would be great. I've watched a couple of Superbowls and never quite clicked, but am determined to make an effort now!

Decided to give the play-offs a watch this year after getting into All or Nothing on Prime. Only ever watched the Superbowl - so any pointers on where a beginner can get some NFL knowledge and which team would be good to follow would be great. I've watched a couple of Superbowls and never quite clicked, but am determined to make an effort now!
Well if you watched All or Nothing last year, I need to claim you as an Eagles fan. Who doesn't love Brandon Graham? Won't be a good watch for at least two seasons though so best stay clear.

Alex Smith is the QB of Washington and after 2 years and 30 operations has come back to play, he genuinely could have had his leg amputated, which on a human level is great...they'll lose this week though.

Tom Brady is the greatest QB of all time and is having a renaissance with Tampa Bay at the age of 43. He took money for his business from the American version of the Furlough scheme though despite being personally worth multi $100m's. Plus he's a cheating prick, so don't go there.

Can't really say anything bad about the Chiefs, best QB, top coach and nothing really to dislike apart from some questionable Native Indian appropriation. Plus they'll win another SB.

Sean Payton at New Orleans has been done for sanctioning payments for injuring people so not a great look and their QB has made questionable comments re social justice issues so give them a swerve (others on here don't 😉)

Just don't be a Patriots or Cowboys fan! Although that won't be a play off issue for you

Last edited:
No Pats here - I have always wanted to punch Brady in the face!

I had been tempted by an underdog of the Chargers (their jerseys are ace) or Bills variety...

Browns have been Covided again. Head Coach won't be there for their biggest game in 20 years
FFS
Not allowed to have contact with coaching staff during the game.
More players missing as well, might not be pretty Sunday.

No Pats here - I have always wanted to punch Brady in the face!

I had been tempted by an underdog of the Chargers (their jerseys are ace) or Bills variety...
Chargers QB will be Top 5 next year, although not in the play offs this. Nothing really to dislike about the Bills and Dire will be your friend for life

Rumours that Deshaun Watson wants out of Houston. Trading a franchise QB literally NEVER happens. Could get interesting.

Back