• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The NFL Thread

In fairness, you just described the majority of Brady's seasons in New England.

Tom Brady, Mac Jones, Peyton + Eli Manning, they all fall into a similar bucket of being exceptional QBs who are bad (for NFL level) athletes. Brady has never had the strongest arm in the league, at any point. Also worth pointing out that Mac is being asked to do more in the Pats O' than Brady was during his first season as a starter.

Now, I won't sit here and tell you that Jones + Belichick will win the same number of SBs as Brady + Belichick, but if you can't see the possibility of that being quite real, then IMO you're not watching the Pats very closely at the moment (which is forgivable given time differences and whatnot).

There are two guys in the NFL you can never wisely bet against. Belichick is one of 'em.

So many odd results again. Vikings over Packers, Texans over Titans, Colts thrashing the Bills. Last one not a total surprise apart from the ease of the win, but the Bills are cometely imploding and I'd be amazed if they even got a wild card spot right now. They could conceivably only win 2 more games this season.

Buffalo and Cleveland fans are consistently the most set upon in US sport. I really feel awful for those fanbases.

What would it have been like for fans of a club that made the UCL finals four years in a row only to lose every time?

From my experience which is only Twitter obviously so not the biggest barometer. Browns fans are also the biggest dickheads, so I've little sympathy.

This Mooney for the Bears looks great. Amazing how these sorts of talents drop until day 3 and you get players like Nkeal Harry going in the first. Shows how difficult the evaluation is I suppose.

Mooney is making some plays today. A couple of really tough catches too, that one where he got blasted after making the catch was elite.

Last edited:
Mooney is a great mover, hands have perhaps been a little suspect recently, so good to hear he's holding some tough ones.

If the Bears lose to the 0-9-1 Lions there is surely no way Nagy can survive the week?

Was just gonna say that I’ll get in early…. #Nagyout

There was a ton of talk this past week that Nagy is gone regardless of today's result.

Jesus Christ. This is one of the worst bits of coaching I've ever seen in my 10 years watching the game.

That was a clinic from the Lions in how to lose a game. Dear me.

Thought Raiders had blown it stupidly running a play before the 2 minute warning. I know the penalty was stupid, but what’s the rush when you’ve got two TOs and you’re on the brink of FG range. Worst case scenario you don’t get it, you pin them back with no TOs. Best case scenario you get the first down and they have no TOs and the games practically won. You certainly can’t lose it from that position.

A lot of the coaching calls baffle me. These are supposedly the best around and I’m just an armchair fan.

Back