• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The OFFICIAL Womens World Cup Thread

Well i've really enjoyed watching this World Cup, no the quality and skill of the football will never be as good as the mens, but it shouldn't ever be compared to the mens either.

Well done USA and good luck to England tonight :)

Indeed PPB, that's exactly the way it should be. It's the BBC and other media outlets that keep comparing the two when as you point out they are not comparable.

Good luck to the England Ladies tonight. I would have liked to watch the game, but it is on too late.

I'll be watching. Really hoping for an England v USA Final.

Feeling hopeful :)

Time for kick off.

Good luck girls :(

First impressions are that it is going to be tough to get the ball away from japan

Japan are good at holding the ball but have been (surprisingly) really poor at putting it away. Leaves a bad taste but Pulis-ball may actually be a wise tactic here.

That's a VERY generous decision. Looked like a dive to me.

Great penalty, Williams looked so nervous too!

Another 2-1 on the cards?

Definitely a dive.

100% dive. Japan's penalty was outside the box. Two poor decisions.

Shame Taylor didn't stick the shot in the first 30 seconds in the bottom corner.

Good stuff now from England - we're the better side and look dangerous.

Big fan of this. Vis Jnrs football team are coached by Fara Williams' brother, and she's come along to a couple of games, so all the boys hero worship her.

All over them. Can see us tiring badly if it goes to extra time, though.

That's just heartbreaking. Unbelievable.

I am so, so sorry, mates.

Back