• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The OFFICIAL Womens World Cup Thread

It was a fucking brilliant ball in from Japan, but wow.

I thought the Japanese player looked marginally off at first but she might have just been level.

I feel for the girl, she was out of position and was scrambling back.

I thought the game was very poor quality, Tony Pulis style hoofball is atrocious to watch but almost worked.

This tournament has not been a great advertisement for the women's game; the astroturf affects the ball pretty significantly and has thrown just about every team off.

What a shame. Well done to the girls. Seriously though - the women in the studio crying? You're supposed to be professional FFS. If the men's team went out would it cut to Alan Shearer & Gary Lineker bawling their eyes out? Get a grip.

This tournament has not been a great advertisement for the women's game; the astroturf affects the ball pretty significantly and has thrown just about every team off.

That's bollocks Alan. Humping the ball as early as possible and chasing teams down isn't affected by the surface. The ball was rolling pretty true as well.

That's bollocks Alan. Humping the ball as early as possible and chasing teams down isn't affected by the surface. The ball was rolling pretty true as well.

Johnny in disagreeing with me shocker.

I didn't say the tactics had been good but the difference between the performances on grass and the performances on turf leave little to question.

What a shame. Well done to the girls. Seriously though - the women in the studio crying? You're supposed to be professional FFS. If the men's team went out would it cut to Alan Shearer & Gary Lineker bawling their eyes out? Get a grip.

Men don't cry innit

Just seen the penalties. Don't see what everyone is complaining about, they're both definite penalties.

Nope.

And I didn't see anyone crying in the studio either. I assume the heat is getting to people's heads.

The Japanese penalty was outside the box. Though in real time it looked like a stonewall penalty.

As for ours - I can't see the contact. Could be down to tiredness and I'll watch the incident again after some sleep, but it really does look like a dive.

Nope.

And I didn't see anyone crying in the studio either. I assume the heat is getting to people's heads.

Eh?! They've been sobbing since full time!!

Doesn't bother me personally but Oatley even mentioned it when the camera cut back to the studio.

Nope.

Their penalty was clearly out of the area and our penalty was a dive.

Shock horror that the women in the studio who are currently in tears haven't called her a cheat :icon_lol:

I think you're the one who needs a cold shower, mate!

The rules are if the foul continues into the box, which it did, then it's a penalty.
For ours the Japanese girl blatantly stands on the back of her foot. She went down too easily but that's irrelevant as it's a foul anyway.

It's boiling and past 2am, I think you've all hallucinated the whole ordeal.

Really don't have a problem with it id rather see a bit of emotion and passion than wooden faced pundits sat there.

The rules are if the foul continues into the box, which it did, then it's a penalty.
For ours the Japanese girl blatantly stands on the back of her foot. She went down too easily but that's irrelevant as it's a foul anyway.

The foul was outside the box - so its a free kick.

And it was only a "blatant" step on the back of her foot after it was played in slow motion and hugely zoomed in. There's absolutely no way the ref saw that and she was conned by the theatrical dive.

Anyway, it is what it is. It's late, hot and we're out so who cares!

The foul was outside the box - so its a free kick.
The initial contact was outside the box. However it's been a FIFA directive for a while now that if a foul continues onto or over over the penalty line then the referee can give a penalty kick.

I think the foul happened outside the box but the result of the foul was the same as it would have been if it occurred the same distance inside the box as it was out. So I have no problem with the pen being given.

Back