• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The R.I.P. Thread

Very sad news, a real strong character but was great to listen to when interviewed. Very few remaining from the 66 side now Hurst, Bobby Charlton, Roger Hunt, George Cohen and Nobby left with us.
The story about the awarding of West Germany free kick is great he said he was fuming at the time because it was never a foul but said looking back he was delighted because it lead to the drama in extra time.
Did a great job with ROI through their greatest period in their history in late 80’s to mid 90’s.

Kelly Preston, John Travolta's wife, 57. She had been suffering with cancer for a while

Elvis's grandson, son of Lisa Marie, joins the 27 club

Grant Imahara, co-host of Mythbusters on Discovery, died of a brain aneurysm at 49. No age.

Tim Smith, frontman of Cardiacs, 59. Fabulous band.

I pretty much liked all early Fleetwood Mac, I used to make a reasonable job of playing Man of the World.

Fuck. One of the best if not THE best British guitarist. Up there with Hendrix and Santana.

Last edited:
Oh no, that's gutting. Peter Green was a genius. A Blues legend.

Oh no!!!! Absolute GOD. All my latino friends get confused when I tell them it was Peter Green, not Carlos Santana, who wrote Black Magic Woman.

Only saw him once - Civic Hall some time early 90s? He just wasn't the same.

Edit - Wulfrun Hall not Civic Hall.

Got an album from late 70's/early 80's called In The Skies, very different to his FM stuff, very gentle, almost folky, I haven't listened to it for a very long time...will have to dig it out when I get home

Back