• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The R.I.P. Thread

Yes, because it's what they want you to believe, it's salatious and good for clicks. It may be the case in this instance it may not as it wasn't in the two I posted when the reporting was the same.

Found dead at home is usually press code for it. Found that out when they reported the death of a minor celebrity I vaguely knew personally.
Of course, it would equally be press code for 'died from a heart attack' or whatever, which wouldn't have been surprising. All the 'died of a broken heart' comments in the reportage do seem to point away from natural causes, though. Really sad, if true, and just goes to show how different public and private faces might be.

Of course, it would equally be press code for 'died from a heart attack' or whatever, which wouldn't have been surprising. All the 'died of a broken heart' comments in the reportage do seem to point away from natural causes, though. Really sad, if true, and just goes to show how different public and private faces might be.
If he had a heart attack then the 'broken heart' is again just media spin to juice up a story. He was 69 and obese, paying ghouls like Liz Kershaw £250 a pop to say it

Holy shit

It did sound a bit suspect that an extremely brilliant athlete would be driving at 11pm at night with his coach, rather than resting. He would be running 300km a week after all.

Such a shame from a sporting point of view (as well as for his family), it's very likely he'd have been the first man to break 2hrs as he'd managed 2hrs and 35 seconds

Think he owned a pub round your way after Walsall.

Seemed a nice guy when he was their manager, bit of a character.

Think he owned a pub round your way after Walsall.

Seemed a nice guy when he was their manager, bit of a character.
The Prince in Wilnecote.
Did he manage Walsall when Roger Boli was banging then in for them?

Yep, 97/98. Jeff Peron there too, also ex-CL winner Jean-Jacques Eydelie, a very young Michael Ricketts and ex-Wolves in Derek Mountfield and Mark Blake.

Yep, 97/98. Jeff Peron there too, also ex-CL winner Jean-Jacques Eydelie, a very young Michael Ricketts and ex-Wolves in Derek Mountfield and Mark Blake.
They were interesting back then.

Then they continued to be Wolves old boys with Corica, Osborn and Goodman, Bazeley too?

Sad news. That's no age at all 😔

Ewen MacIntosh (Keith in The Office), 50.

O5VZbLcudfXb.gif

Sad news. Remember him filming in Bridgnorth about 4-5 years ago on a project by a friend of mine who is an author and documentary maker. Looking online it looks like he had been in pretty poor health in recent years

Back