• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The R.I.P. Thread

Our radiogram was about five foot long you couldn't carry that to games

Chris Nicholl. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he score all four goals in a 2-2 draw for Villa v Everton?
R.I.P.
Coincidentally an artist I know quite well, does a lot of portraits of sports stars (mainly Villa as she's a villain) that aside she's brilliant tbh. Last night I was thinking of messaging her and commissioning her to do a West Midlands 'Legends' painting.
For Wolves: Bully, for West brom i was thinking Astle, Robson or Regis? for Blues, Trevor Francis obvs, for Villa I couldn't decide..dont think it would be Chris Nicholl...maybe Andy Gray? Peter Withe? Sid Cowans?

Chris Nicholl. Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he score all four goals in a 2-2 draw for Villa v Everton?
R.I.P.
Coincidentally an artist I know quite well, does a lot of portraits of sports stars (mainly Villa as she's a villain) that aside she's brilliant tbh. Last night I was thinking of messaging her and commissioning her to do a West Midlands 'Legends' painting.
For Wolves: Bully, for West brom i was thinking Astle, Robson or Regis? for Blues, Trevor Francis obvs, for Villa I couldn't decide..dont think it would be Chris Nicholl...maybe Andy Gray? Peter Withe? Sid Cowans?
Bomber Brown as the $$$$'s legend surely?

Chris Nicholl. Always came across as a decent bloke and a proper tough as teak centre half. Not a good week for ex Walsall managers
Was a great bloke. Up until a couple of years ago he was living in Bloxwich but had been living with dementia as DW says. His family moved him back down South not long after some scumbags stole his GPS watch.

Allan Evans for Villa I'd have thought. The player from their 81 and 82 teams with the greatest longevity, if not Cowans

Allan Evans for Villa I'd have thought. The player from their 81 and 82 teams with the greatest longevity, if not Cowans
Possibly so, it's worth a thread on its own, and obviously it depends on our own age and perspective. I didn't intend to clog up the R.I.P. thread with it but Stan Bowles, Chris Nicholl for my age group brings things into focus...

Back