• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The R.I.P. Thread

RIP. Behind one of my favourite recipes of all time in the Hairy Dieters Cook Book. He and Si King, both lovely blokes.

We have spoke of them a fair bit this week as we're travelling Newcastle and the North East and visiting some places they've covered. So sad and gutted for Si too, they had a wonderful friendship

Gutted about this. They always come across as really genuine guys, and from a cooking point of view, I could barely cook anything until around 10 years ago and their books were some of the ones I used to teach myself. Really enjoyed their programmes too.

Such sad news, RIP Dave

Gutted about this. They always come across as really genuine guys, and from a cooking point of view, I could barely cook anything until around 10 years ago and their books were some of the ones I used to teach myself. Really enjoyed their programmes too.

Such sad news, RIP Dave
I don't particularly cook., but have always watched their programmes. Really sad news.

I had a couple of their books in the cookery collection that sadly didn’t travel here with me. Good recipes and easy to follow. I also enjoyed the programmes a lot. Shit news.

Apparently he was a make up artist in the 80s and was responsible for Adam Ants white nose stripe!
Couple of ex punks have from bands have mentioned it in their tributes

Tony Green, the darts referee, scorer, amateur player, commentator and star of ITV’s Bullseye, has died aged 85 after a “long battle with Alzheimer’s”.

I was fortunate enough to have met Tony several times in the late 70s. A genuine guy.

Jim Beard, keyboardist for Steely Dan, dies aged 63

While I’m here, Phillipe de Gaulle 102, was the last surviving child of Charles de Gaulle

Back