• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The R.I.P. Thread

Today's footballers have a lot to thank Jimmy Hill for. He was one of the pioneers behind the abolition of the minimum wage. Not to mention he advocated all seater stadiums and three points for a win long before they were implicated.

R.I.P. Jimmy Hill.

Was it not a maximum wage?

Just had a short piece on the BBC news about him. Amazing just how many modern day mainstays he pioneered.

I have just heard this. Very sad news.

My Dad once met Don Howe and was lucky enough to have a good long chat with him. I remember him telling me how absolutely dumbstruck he was by Howe's knowledge of football, not just stats and things like that but how he could read, and more importantly, how he could explain things clearly. He reckons that he's never met anyone even remotely like him and that he would have happily sat and listened to him talking about football all night long.

R.I.P Don.

Former Wolves forward Roy Swinbourne has passed away, aged 86. Condolences to his family. RIP

Another of our great team of the fiftieshas passed away.

R.I.P. Roy Swinbourne.

Last edited:
RIP Roy

Not someone I ever saw play, but his record speaks for itself.

Wolves - 211 games, 107 goals

RIP Roy

Not someone I ever saw play, but his record speaks for itself.

Wolves - 211 games, 107 goals

Unfortunately I did not have the pleasure of seeing him play either. But I recall my Father saying what a good player was. But so was every player in that greatest of Wolves teams.

RIP Roy and my condelences to his family. A true legend who graced the old gold and black of the pioneers of Europe.

Frank,

Roy Swinbourne played in the great team of the fifties!!! I saw him play lots. He was phenomenal.

My apologies, I meant fifties. Was he really that good. I know my Father thought he was one of the best players in a great team.

Back