• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The R.I.P. Thread

Pavel Srnicek dies aged 47. RIP

And now Brad out The Specials passes away....what a shit day,what a fine drummer.

Pavel srnicek the ex Newcastle goalkeeper has died aged only 47, had a heart attack about a week ago while out jogging

Lemmy dying really sucks. Might need to resurrect the "what would Lemmy do?" day in his honour.

Rumours that David Bowie has died. I hope that's not true - I'll be bloody gutted if he has :(

Confirmed by Sky, 69 from cancer

RIP

Fuck, what horrible news. RIP - an absolute legend.

Just been hearing about it on the telly, that is desperately sad news :(

Awful news. Just bought his new album yesterday :(

Desperately sad news. Had no idea he'd been battling cancer. RIP.

I don't think anybody knew, that's why its all come as a shock to everyone !

Lead story on all this morning's news programmes over here, the man was an absolute genius and always ahead of his time.

So bloody sad!

If you listen to the last album you could interpret it as goodbye.

Dies on his terms hence the veil of secrecy.

When he was recording The Next Day, there were only 30 people in the world who knew about it. Receptionists were given days off, album recorded at weekends etc.
Tony Visconti his acclaimed producer had the rough cut on his iPod and was walking in The Village NYC, and walked past two Bowie fans in Ziggy t shirts.
If only they knew what he was listening to!

Died as he lived, on his terms, in secrecy

Rest in peace, and thank you.

Happy to admit that I wasn't the biggest fan of his music, but also mature enough to know and understand how important he is/was to the world of music.

In a world where everything has to be public knowledge and nothing seems to be left behind closed doors, it's refreshing that he passed away on his own terms, privately and with his family.

RIP David Bowie.

Back