• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The R.I.P. Thread

If you listen to the last album you could interpret it as goodbye.

Dies on his terms hence the veil of secrecy.

When he was recording The Next Day, there were only 30 people in the world who knew about it. Receptionists were given days off, album recorded at weekends etc.
Tony Visconti his acclaimed producer had the rough cut on his iPod and was walking in The Village NYC, and walked past two Bowie fans in Ziggy t shirts.
If only they knew what he was listening to!

Died as he lived, on his terms, in secrecy

Rest in peace, and thank you.

Utmost respect to him for carrying on doing what he loved and creating his swansong with decorum.

I'm pleased I got the chance to see him live (Glastonbury in 2000) - a phenomenal talent.

Today is a very sad day indeed.

Me too. Manchester 04. I think.

I harboured hopes of one more time, indeed I had carte Blanche from Kelly so spend whatever it takes anywhere in the world if it did!

I knew it wouldn't, but it was nice to keep the dream alive.

Genius is a word that gets bandied around too much but this man really did deserve that accolade. A sad day.

Gutted, I grew up being influenced by black music but this news has left me close to tears.

A true Legend!

Saw the "Changes" gig at the NEC , and was gobsmacked. He always was his own man and always leading the way. This has made me very sad today.

Tragic news. I saw him at Victoria Hall in Hanley in '73. "Time takes a cigarette..............".

What a loss, don't think we'll see another like him in our lifetimes....

Hope he wasn't watching his bonkers ex-wife behaving like a right twat on Big Brother last night.....

Shaun Keaveny on 6 music is doing a brilliant Bowie show atm

I harboured hopes of one more time, indeed I had carte Blanche from Kelly so spend whatever it takes anywhere in the world if it did!

I was lucky to see him a fair few times in different countries, he was always magnificent and my favourite artist of all time. The only other persons death who I didn't know or never met that has hit me so hard was George Best. I hope that is in some way a fitting tribute to him. Sleep peacefully David, I will never forget you or your music, thank you for the memories.

Very sad to hear this news this morning, and very shocked like everyone else.

We've lost a great talent who's contribution to the music industry can not be underestimated.

Really sad news, RIP David Bowie, music genius

Didn't see that one coming at all, never even knew he was suffering from cancer. Real shame, guy's early material was brilliant. RIP.

Sad news to wake up to this morning.

R.I.P

Devastated by this sad news!!

As you know from our discussions on the Mix been fortunate and privileged to have seen him perform a number of times, a fantastic performer and recording artist, along with Dylan my all time favourite. Fortunately he'll live on through his music.

RIP and heart felt thanks for all the great memories!

Back