• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Royals

I reckon she died earlier today and this bit's just the establishment getting its shit in order.

What do we reckon they'll do, 3 days of mourning and shut the country down?
Think three days minimum.

I remember when Diana died. We were wild camping in Scotland after climbing Schiehallion. Got to car and couldn’t work out what was happening for some time. Eventually dreadful music was interrupted with the news. All radio stations stayed like it all day.

I found the off button on the TV. Easy to avoid something if you don't want to see it.
I won the Champions League at Arsenal on CM 96/97 with my all-conquering strikeforce of Ian Wright, Kennet Andersson and Alan Shearer (Bosman signing, thanks Newcastle for being lax with your admin).

It won't be a Diana-style reaction. She was 36 and died unexpectedly. The Queen is 96. 96 year olds die.

It will just go through the London Bridge protocols. Take a bit of time. There will be stamps.

It won't be a Diana-style reaction. She was 36 and died unexpectedly. The Queen is 96. 96 year olds die.
Don't know. There is a whole 12 days of stuff and then the funeral. Regardless of the lack of, lets say shock it will be something that will dominate all aspects of the media for 2 weeks.

Then all the stuff for King Charles will begin

Last edited:
Don't know. Their is a whole 12 days of stuff and then the funeral. Regardless of the lack of, lets say shock it will be something that will dominate all aspects of the media for 2 weeks.

Then all the stuff for King Charles will begin
I think you forget mate how fucking mental the country went in 1997. It was incredible and not in a good way. That won't happen again.

I can’t see what the fuss is about. It’d be like the old lady 2 doors down dying, I’d be very sorry for her family etc but no real impact on my life whatsoever.

There will be stamps.
Angie (my wife for those that just think I am throwing out a random name here) is having a holiday at the perfect time!

Royal Mail will be all over her company today and the next few days

I think you forget mate how fucking mental the country went in 1997. It was incredible and not in a good way. That won't happen again.
Already a ton of people at Buck Palace. It will be crazy but I am talking about the coverage we will get rather than the public reaction I guess

It is sad for her family that the Queen, a very old lady who is a grandmother and great grandmother, is dying it seems. I don't know her, so I dont hold any personal grief for her dying. However, I don't like the monarchy and all that they represent, they are anachronistic and are representative of a lot of inequalities in the world so there won't be any wailing and rending of clothes from me. Let the family grieve when the time comes, but I don't see why the whole nation should be subjected to being part of the mourning process, we didn't all choose to have a monarchy.
I agree. My mother is of the same generation (a couple of years younger). She was born into relative poverty and lost her father when she was about 13. Had a very hard upbringing, had major surgery for TB after my birth, spending nearly 18 months at Cheshire Joint, Market Drayton recouperating and essentially living the rest of her life with about 66% lung capacity. She was told that she would never work again, but did allowing me to follow sporting pursuits, annual holidays at the seaside and so on. She lost her husband (my dad) in 1998 and still lives alone in their house. She is a great great grandmother.

Forgive me for be totally ambivalent regarding HRH.

I can’t see what the fuss is about. It’d be like the old lady 2 doors down dying, I’d be very sorry for her family etc but no real impact on my life whatsoever.
never knew you lived in a castle in Aberdeenshire

Back