• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

It's flawed logic. Fine for a low level makeweight like Doyle who can be a reasonable squad player, but if you look at those that have left City over the last couple of years, they aren't pulling up any trees unless there’s someone I've missed? I'm excluding Palmer given the price.

It's flawed logic. Fine for a low level makeweight like Doyle who can be a reasonable squad player, but if you look at those that have left City over the last couple of years, they aren't pulling up any trees unless there’s someone I've missed? I'm excluding Palmer given the price.
Pedro Porro is the only other exception i could come up with.

They've hauled in well over £30m for two keepers in Bazunu and Trafford who look comically bad.

Pedro Porro is the only other exception i could come up with.

They're an absolute talent factory.

Jeremie Frimpong, Tosin, Yangel Herrera, Romeo Lavia, Douglas Luiz, Brahim Diaz, Jamie Bynoe-Gittens, Enes Unal, Ko Ikatura, Sancho, Morgan Rogers, Lucas Nmecha and Jack Harrison have all left having not been able to break through, or even get anywhere near a sniff and they're all, at a minimum, good players at this level.

There's always going to be exceptions like Bazunu or Edozie, but they're churning out more good players than anybody.

Last edited:
Not seen anything of his performance today but did see the goal he presented to DCL last week

Not seen anyone say Muric is a shout tbh.

Bag of cement is better than Sa though.

Not seen anyone say Muric is a shout tbh.

Bag of cement is better than Sa though.
I did tbf. I stand by it, he'd be better than Bentley and I said it in the context of picking players from Burnley, there aren't any others I'd be interested in. Certainly not Brownhill.

We should be looking at someone like Morgan Whittaker at Plymouth if we lose Neto.

Scored 19 goals and 8 assists off the inside right and central positions behind the striker for a club who are struggling in The Championship. Good on the ball, quick feet, skillful, and can finish. Looks a good Prem player in the making from his videos.

23 years old, home grown, supposed great attitude and potential leader, and only cost them £1m ish.

Lazio have been sniffing round him recently. Sounds ideal for a club like us and shouldn't cost more than about £10m.

James Maddison - £20m
Jared Bowen - £22m
Ollie Watkins - £28m
Viktor Gyökeres - £18m

Decent players from the Championship start at £20m...

Plymouth's record transfer fee received ever is £2.5m. Okay that was in 2008 but their record transfer paid is £1.15m.

Yes they've got a gem on their hands but unless there's a bidding war they can't be turning down £10-15m bids for players.

We'll see. Sunderland turned down £15m for Jack Clarke I suppose, but they're a much bigger and richer club than Plymouth.

I'm hoping we can scout properly because as we found in Micheal Kightly, there bloody out there.

Whilst searching to see if he had a release clause, I already found mention of rumours and previous interest from about 5 different teams in January. Whilst he has only had this one outstanding season at that level, I doubt they are going to be short of offers even though I don't expect them to go down now.

Not a great source, but one for those who mentioned a player plus cash deal with City. You can see how RAN would fit in there, spending all next season on the bench whilst Pep cycles through centre halves at left back. Not seen enough of Gomez to comment, but he'll be 24 towards the start of next season so not a kid

Gomez has looked very poor in the games I've seen him play. Miles off the level of everyone around him.

Back