• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

Being linked with Ramsdale again today with Sa moving to Saudi. Kelleher and Sunderland's Anthony Patterson mentioned too

Being linked with Ramsdale again today with Sa moving to Saudi. Kelleher and Sunderland's Anthony Patterson mentioned too
Wouldn't Ramsdale be horribly expensive and out of our price range?

Probably though the article does say it requires us getting a large fee for Sa which Uncle Jorge would be working on

Depends if you believe we are genuinely in for the Spanish keeper we were linked with who Forest had a £20m offer rejected for. If so then the likes of Kelleher and Ramsdale come into play. I don't think the latter is worth the hassle, he's not as bad as some on here say imo, but I'd not pay his £120kpw wages and his previous behaviour along with the team he supports will give him little leeway if things don't go well.

Ramsdale is too erratic for a keeper who will face more work with us than elsewhere. I'd not be interested in him or Kelleher due to the costs previously associated with them.

Quite a few LFC fans want them to try and cash in on Allison and keeper Kelleher anyway.

As a keeper Ramsdale is fine.
Just think he is a twat and enjoy it when he fucks up.

Will be very annoyed if I have to try and change my opinion of him.

I see the Ramsdale one is an Alan Nixon story.

He is an odd one on rumours. Does call a fair amount but can't take him seriously as he puts his rumours on a subscription site and then the Sun report them anyway.

If we're expecting a fair wedge for Sá (he only signed a new contract a few months ago so I don't see any reason why we wouldn't be) then keepers like Ramsdale should absolutely be on our radar. It's not a position you can fuck around with and take a chance on a punt like Bellegarde who's just 'alright', if we're serious about staying in the league over the next 3-4 years it's a signing we need to get right.

Ramsdale would be a nailed on good signing, even if he is a bit of a clown. He's had a few high profile mistakes and seems to have buckled under the pressure at Arsenal slightly but he was deservedly being talked about as England's #1 not too long ago.

If we're expecting a fair wedge for Sá (he only signed a new contract a few months ago so I don't see any reason why we wouldn't be) then keepers like Ramsdale should absolutely be on our radar. It's not a position you can fuck around with and take a chance on a punt like Bellegarde who's just 'alright', if we're serious about staying in the league over the next 3-4 years it's a signing we need to get right.

Ramsdale would be a nailed on good signing, even if he is a bit of a clown. He's had a few high profile mistakes and seems to have buckled under the pressure at Arsenal slightly but he was deservedly being talked about as England's #1 not too long ago.
Reading between your lines on Ramsdale....I boldly agree

It's no on Ramsdale for me too, never liked him, thought he was rotten for Bournemouth and Sheff Utd and could never understand how he got a move to Arsenal.

Said this before but he was a key part of Bournemouth being relegated. He unbelievably won POTS for a terrible blades team, but the downgrade from Henderson to him was stark for the first half of the season. Granted he has improved but he has also rightly lost his place to Raya, who still looks like the most logical place Arsenal could upgrade the starting 11 that isn't striker.

Said this before but he was a key part of Bournemouth being relegated. He unbelievably won POTS for a terrible blades team, but the downgrade from Henderson to him was stark for the first half of the season. Granted he has improved but he has also rightly lost his place to Raya, who still looks like the most logical place Arsenal could upgrade the starting 11 that isn't striker.
Bournemouth, Sheffield United & Arsenal fans have all loved him though. You'll struggle to find any of their fans who have a bad word to say about him.

Bournemouth, Sheffield United & Arsenal fans have all loved him though. You'll struggle to find any of their fans who have a bad word to say about him.
Although in the case of Bournemouth you’d just struggle to find any of their fans at all.

Speaking to somebody over the weekend, the definite intention is to bulk the squad to around 23/24 next season.

Looking at 5 or 6 incomings and the likes of Mosquera and Chiquinho back.
Expecting Neto and Sarabia to leave. Hoping for another year at least from RAN and Joao Gomes but obviously depends if any big clubs come in with big bids.

Goalkeeper (Sa sold)
Right wing-back (Hoever loan)
Centre Mid (Traore loan)
Attacking midfielder
Two Strikers

Back