• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things That I Really Really DISLIKE Thread.

Bit the bullet this morning and went and visited a company I used to deal with to ingratiate myself should any vacancies crop up soon, they do sundries for the building and engineering trade which I've got a fairly decent knowledge of, so I'd be suitable although the wages wouldn't be brilliant, well after listening to thirty minutes of fake covid figures, Brexit and what the immigrants should do to earn their residency in the UK, I ninjad myself out of there and decided it's just not worth it

Bit the bullet this morning and went and visited a company I used to deal with to ingratiate myself should any vacancies crop up soon, they do sundries for the building and engineering trade which I've got a fairly decent knowledge of, so I'd be suitable although the wages wouldn't be brilliant, well after listening to thirty minutes of fake covid figures, Brexit and what the immigrants should do to earn their residency in the UK, I ninjad myself out of there and decided it's just not worth it
What areas of work are you looking at Paul....warehousing/logistics?

What areas of work are you looking at Paul....warehousing/logistics?
I was more logistics and plant operations, I was at my last employer for 30 years, and to be fair I was very good at it but only in that environment, it's akin to being a good piano player but trying to find work in a string quartet !
I think one of the problems is I came from an era where you were a 'jack of all trades' and ultimately the master of none.
Sorry for the ramble, bit low at the minute

I was more logistics and plant operations, I was at my last employer for 30 years, and to be fair I was very good at it but only in that environment, it's akin to being a good piano player but trying to find work in a string quartet !
I think one of the problems is I came from an era where you were a 'jack of all trades' and ultimately the master of none.
Thats ok mate ramble on, its a horrible experience....been there, just keep looking

Sorry to hear this - you’re still a funny guy despite your job issue!

Sorry to hear this - you’re still a funny guy despite your job issue!
I don't think the people on here realise what a positive effect they have on peoples lives.

ps. Apart from Pablo, he's just dour :)

When a family member defends govt handling of virus on Facebook and you can't take the wiser option and just leave it alone!

When a family member defends govt handling of virus on Facebook and you can't take the wiser option and just leave it alone!
I try to stay away from politics, especially covid politics with my family and friends...too much to lose, nothing to gain. Me and my youngest do discuss it but we keep it civil, he's a lot more hard line anti govt than me so I tend to tread carefully

Christ, I thought I'd clicked on the RIP Thread for a moment.

With the imminent roll out of more vaccinations there is a need for people to help organise - searching websites it looks as if I am excluded from doing anything as age range is 18 - 69 & I am just over that.

I'm healthy & take no medication at all (had to bin some paracetomol tablets as they went out of date) - not suggesting that I actually vaccinate anyone as don't have the background or qualifications for that, but any admin support or client care is what I did throughout my working life & they will need that as well.

What I do have is time to give, but seems that I will not be wanted and put in the vulnerable category.

Back