• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things That I Really Really DISLIKE Thread.

And it's usually men, no not all men, but a lot of men sneeze, dribble from their nose, get a stuffed up nose, and label it ' full blown flu '. NO, that's just a cold.

Although it is strange that at work, the female members of staff are always off sick and the male members of staff rarely are.

Is this common, or just the places I've worked at over the years?

(No sexism here - Mrs HW says its the same at the places she has worked)

Rough day.

My top trainer and all round great member of staff has told me she is resigning. She feels like she has gone as far as she can in her role and wants to progress in an agency where she can put her knowledge to practical use.

I am absolutely gutted as she is a star but i don't want to stand in her way. :icon_cry:

Rough day.

My top trainer and all round great member of staff has told me she is resigning. She feels like she has gone as far as she can in her role and wants to progress in an agency where she can put her knowledge to practical use.

I am absolutely gutted as she is a star but i don't want to stand in her way. :icon_cry:

I feel your pain. In the last couple of weeks, we've had one of our senior translators, a senior project manager and junior project manager resign. All for different, perfectly good reasons, nothing to do with dissatisfaction with their jobs here. I wish them well but it's a right fucking pain. Added to that, we'll have 3 people on maternity leave from next month which is a peril of hiring young women. It's a fairly small company so having six people clear out in a matter of weeks is complicating things a bit.

You'd hate me after about two days, I'm a mardy bastard at the best of times (and these are not the best of times). But like the maverick detective in stock 80s films, I get the job done.

You'd hate me after about two days, I'm a mardy bastard at the best of times (and these are not the best of times). But like the maverick detective in stock 80s films, I get the job done.

Like I say, you'd fit right in. Translators are a weird bunch. At least if I sat you in the Up The Duff seat, you wouldn't be disappearing for a year.

I've got the fear today, really bad.

Sitting here at work and I feel like I cant breathe, Im very tense and the worse part about it is the fact that nothing has happened....

Out comes the nurses uniform again.... Mom with shingles :(

Having never had chicken pox, I have to avoid anyone with shingles like the plague.

Having never had chicken pox, I have to avoid anyone with shingles like the plague.

I have never had chicken pox. I am dreading it if I see a spot appear on me.

Try and avoid contact with any of the red or raised bumps on her then. Then just hope.

Try and avoid contact with any of the red or raised bumps on her then. Then just hope.

I'm wearing gloves at all times when applying cream,making sure bumps are not exposed in the day, own towels etc, and have painted a cross on the front door. Fingers crossed that my nursing skills come in handy!

I had shingles when I was 18 - I've never experienced pain like it. Hope your mum gets better soon, PPB.

I had shingles when I was 18 - I've never experienced pain like it. Hope your mum gets better soon, PPB.
I can remember my sister having it when she was about 30, remember her crying with the pain. Thank you Langers, miserable with it today and in pain, but still smiling bless her.

As some know, I've been ill recently. Came down with the worst flu I've ever know on christmas day. It really fucking knocked me about. For several days I couldn't sleep, lost my appetite for a week, but the real weird one was how long it impacted me for. Today is my first day back at work. I'm probably not going to be able to do the full day. The last time I was this ill was 2006, when I got food poisoning (not caused by watching us under hoddle playing out constant 1-1s...)

It's really weird. My head is still a bit addled. I'm still quite weak. Appetite hasn't fully returned.

Some unusual side effects - had struggles having a cup of tea until the past couple of days - it tastes odd. On a good side, I've lost weight - enough that can be visibly seen, which is kinda handy, as I looked at myself in a mirror before christmas thinking I need to lose weight, but would have liked a way where I didn't feel as ill as I have done recently.

I've also eaten a lot less crap, and focussed on veg/fruit. Have to say I haven't missed the poor quality "food" at all, and might kick start eating better.

Didn't smoke for 2 weeks, and the couple of times I have smoked in the past few days, I've found myself debating whether I want to start again tbh.

Annoyingly, I now think I need to book a dentists appointment... Never rains and all that.

Hopefully I'll be back to 100% soon. Have gone back to work, trying to take things slowly and ease myself back in.

take care lemon.
I am never ill and just after christmas got what i though was a bad cold, couldn't stop coughing. turns out i had pneumonia and was laid up for 27 days. on 23 days a friend who is a nurse married to a doctor in Athens phoned me and they both gave me a hefty questionnaire on the hone, and the next day he dad climbed my mountain (poor bugger is 73) armed with sprays antibiotics and a chicken. chicken soup is the go to cure here.
The scariest part was being on the kitchen floor unable to breath following a coughing fit of huuge proportions. i actually was thinking how i could cut a hole in my throat o let air in, thank fuck i couldn't find a biro to use the outer case as a straw.
I now walk maybe 5km a day and exercise most mornings. although the first morning i decided to do 20 push ups, i managed 7 and collapsed in a heap.

I could do with more exercise pav! appreciate the kind thoughts and words (though am better now, that post was a while ago!)

I've just had to run. I'm built for comfort, not speed.

Back