• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things That I Really Really DISLIKE Thread.

Just call half a dozen of us as character witnesses. They'll dismiss the case before we've finished going through the last decade or so.

Google Drive gives you 15GB of free cloud storage so for a start, he could back up all of his music on there (I'm assuming it's all currently on the hard drive). Then computer dies (as it will at some point, bath incidents or not) and the tunes* are still there. Some might say they're better off lost forever of course.

*I use this term loosely

Get your music uploaded toPlay Music. 50k songs can be uploaded for free and you can access from anywhere you please.

Would you like me to investigate prices for a padded cell for our hero?
You could lock Paddy in a padded cell, give him 2 ball-bearings and I guarantee that he'd break one and lose the other.

Get your music uploaded toPlay Music. 50k songs can be uploaded for free and you can access from anywhere you please.
Just about to post pretty much this. Don't clog up your Google Drive with tunes, Google Play Music gives you separate storage for free. If your iTunes library has survived you can install the Google Music Manager software to upload and index it all automatically. You can then stream it from wherever you like as long as you have an internet connection.

I was expressing the value of any back up as opposed to none tbf :D

I don't use Play Music, I'm Spotify only these days. If physical media is dead then so is holding your own MP3s.

I was expressing the value of any back up as opposed to none tbf :D

I don't use Play Music, I'm Spotify only these days. If physical media is dead then so is holding your own MP3s.
Yeah, I haven't touched Play Music since going to Spotify a year or so ago. Haven't bought a CD since.

I mainly use Spotify, but it doesn't have everything I've accumulated over time that I can now access with Play. It's brilliant.

David Beckham's new hair, regrowth, hair transplants or whatever it is. He looked better when he was going bald.

As some know, I've been ill recently. Came down with the worst flu I've ever know on christmas day. It really fucking knocked me about. For several days I couldn't sleep, lost my appetite for a week, but the real weird one was how long it impacted me for. Today is my first day back at work. I'm probably not going to be able to do the full day. The last time I was this ill was 2006, when I got food poisoning (not caused by watching us under hoddle playing out constant 1-1s...)

It's really weird. My head is still a bit addled. I'm still quite weak. Appetite hasn't fully returned.

Some unusual side effects - had struggles having a cup of tea until the past couple of days - it tastes odd. On a good side, I've lost weight - enough that can be visibly seen, which is kinda handy, as I looked at myself in a mirror before christmas thinking I need to lose weight, but would have liked a way where I didn't feel as ill as I have done recently.

I've also eaten a lot less crap, and focussed on veg/fruit. Have to say I haven't missed the poor quality "food" at all, and might kick start eating better.

Didn't smoke for 2 weeks, and the couple of times I have smoked in the past few days, I've found myself debating whether I want to start again tbh.

Annoyingly, I now think I need to book a dentists appointment... Never rains and all that.

Hopefully I'll be back to 100% soon. Have gone back to work, trying to take things slowly and ease myself back in.

There has been some really nasty flu viruses knocking around this winter. All of our kids have been wallopped by it, as have Em & I - not to that extent, but worse than usual. Hope you continue to feel better mate. Oh, and if you feel you can, definitely stop smoking. Best decision I ever made, although it ultimately has to be your own call.

PS - losing weight through illness isn't a positive side effect :icon_lol:

Always annoys me when people have a cold and say they have "flu". No you don't, you wouldn't be talking to me now if you did.

I had a batch in March 2015, probably the most ill I have ever been for a prolonged period. I could barely move for two weeks.

Always annoys me when people have a cold and say they have "flu". No you don't, you wouldn't be talking to me now if you did.

And it's usually men, no not all men, but a lot of men sneeze, dribble from their nose, get a stuffed up nose, and label it ' full blown flu '. NO, that's just a cold.

Hope you feel back to normal soon Jellybean.

Meh, I've had malaria a few times. Flu is like a cold compared to that.

Did you contract it in Elevenerife? :D
No :)

Point being though, if you feel ill you are ill. You shouldnt have to justify on a sliding scale of how ill you are. You just feel shite.

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind thoughts folks.

Machin, I gotta try looking for a brightside! I did need to lose a little weight. The positive now is not missing the junk food. I am strongly debating packing in the smoking tbh. After not smoking for 2 weeks, the taste was fucking disgusting.

Tredders, are you cheryl cole in disguise?

Thanks for the kind thoughts folks.

Machin, I gotta try looking for a brightside! I did need to lose a little weight. The positive now is not missing the junk food. I am strongly debating packing in the smoking tbh. After not smoking for 2 weeks, the taste was fucking disgusting.

Tredders, are you cheryl cole in disguise?
I missed a crucial 'nt' out of my post.

In keeping with the threading still really struggling with this ridiculous eye cold.

Back