• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Things That I Really Really DISLIKE Thread.

Ours do that and end up getting accidentally shut in. We only usually notice when one of them doesn't come down for their dinner!

That's what will bring her out sometime later today - saw her go in so have left the wardrobe & bedroom door open

Cat out of the wardrobe & sitting in front of her food cupboard looking at me with pleading eyes - can fecking wait!!!

ANY Mobile Phone

I dislike them intensely. I wish they had never been invented.

Tell me to bugger off if you like and if it's not a thread you want to be pulled then fine, but why...

I'm just about old enough to remember the days of organising social occasions and just having to hope that everyone turned up. And if you were the poor sap who got delayed along the way, hope everyone hangs around for half an hour at the meeting point and doesn't just bugger off without you.

The concept of landlines these days is faintly laughable so how else are you meant to communicate with people? There are downsides I'll grant you - people spend far too much time glued to them, for instance, but that's an individual thing rather than the fault of the technology, I'm quite capable of holding a face to face conversation without checking my phone every five minutes. Sometimes people need to know where I am, if I don't have a mobile then that can't happen. Then there's invaluable stuff like checking directions in real time, pretty much wherever you are in Western Europe. No more getting lost. Should I buy some poxy newspaper at 5.15 on a Saturday to check the scores or actually no, I'll check them right now on this device that's in my pocket. Got friends across the globe? Well I won't be hearing from them for months. Or actually I will, I'll just WhatsApp them.

It's a societal ill rather than a technological one.

Sitting in Doctors waiting rooms. Really dislike it. Makes me feel so anxious. Just sitting there. In the silence.Everyone looking at each other. By the time I get in there my bp is ridiculously out the roof and me heart is hammering in me chest. When I get back in the car, I can feel it drop right down. Horrible feeling. I not like it, I don't know why I react this way, but I really dislike the feeling.

Sitting in Doctors waiting rooms. Really dislike it. Makes me feel so anxious. Just sitting there. In the silence.Everyone looking at each other. By the time I get in there my bp is ridiculously out the roof and me heart is hammering in me chest. When I get back in the car, I can feel it drop right down. Horrible feeling. I not like it, I don't know why I react this way, but I really dislike the feeling.

White coat hypertension, more commonly known as white coat syndrome, I have the same thing :)

I agree with DW on the phone front. It is brilliant to be able to call when late or in distress, but assholes who sit there in company all night texting on their i phone or whatever, serious slap!! Believe me I have sat a table here in Greece and was the only one not texting or searching of 9, yes 9 people.
If people come to my house to eat they are told , switch it off or lose it!!

White coat hypertension, more commonly known as white coat syndrome, I have the same thing :)

I know but what makes us get like it. Can't be because someone walks in with a white coat on. Doesn't matter what I have to go for, my reaction is always the same. Wish I knew how to stop it :(

On the phone thing, I abhor cunts who walk around on their phone, getting in everyones way, stopping for no apparent reason, then glaring at you like it is your fault when they bump into you.

LOOK WHERE YOU'RE FUCKING GOING SPUNKBUBBLE! :argh:

That's not necessarily connected to phones tbf, people haven't been able to walk properly for decades.

That's not necessarily connected to phones tbf, people haven't been able to walk properly for decades.

Path swayers!!!! So many things in this world that will finally make me snap but I reckon it will be a Path swayer that does it. You don't ALL THE FUCKIN PATH, walk in a straight line.

Path swayers!!!! So many things in this world that will finally make me snap but I reckon it will be a Path swayer

Surely a path swayer that only path sways when pissed doesn't count?

Path swayers!!!! So many things in this world that will finally make me snap but I reckon it will be a Path swayer that does it. You don't ALL THE FUCKIN PATH, walk in a straight line.

That plus people who walk at about a third of the speed that I do & 2 abreast so you can't get past without going in the road (though in Shaftesbury thats what I do anyway - pavements are so narrow you can only get 1 person at a time on them)

Glad I am among similar minded people. Perhaps the iphone walk is more prevalent where I am working.
The fucks frequently step out into the road whilst glued to their fucking screens. I am sorely tempted sometimes not to brake (though I know that's wrong...)

That plus people who walk at about a third of the speed that I do & 2 abreast so you can't get past without going in the road (though in Shaftesbury thats what I do anyway - pavements are so narrow you can only get 1 person at a time on them)

Slow walkers in general drive me nuts, especially if you're in a crowd of people and they are ALL walking slowly. Aargh.

I also hate people who stop at the end of the aisle in the supermarket to have a chat and block the way in. Fuck off and have your chat somewhere else you morons!

Also, when I'm trying to get my train ticket from the ticket office at the local station and almost end up missing the train because some annoying fucker has decided to walk down to the ticket office to book tickets for their incredibly complicated journey in several weeks time. Do it online and stop hogging the queue FFS!

Slow walkers are annoying but none more so than when in the supermarket pushing a trolley. The urge to ram them up the arse nearly overwhelms me sometimes.

Fnarr.

Back