• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2015/16 - Everything Not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deutsch Wolf

aka Dawn
Reaction score
New fixtures = new season = new threads.

Sean Dyche has confirmed that Spurs are in for Kieran Trippier.

I think they have used him in midfield when he has played for the U21s. If he's not ready to play as a full back then they probably could do with someone as Walker gets injured far too often and his form has been indifferent for a while now, putting the likes of Dier and Chiriches there isn't a long term fix.

I thought Trippier looked very good last season, held his own against some of the best players.

Absolute steal at £3.5m.

Southampton are signing Cedric from Sporting.

A career that never seems to have hit the highs that were once expected...

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/kjaer-makes-fenerbahce-switch?

He's always looked solid enough when I've seen him play for Denmark, he and Agger were as a good a defensive partnership as any in one of the recent tournaments for my money, but he never seems to stay around at a club for very long before shooting off to another without ever really sinking particularly low or reaching any great highs, seems a bit strange to look at his list of clubs.

A career that never seems to have hit the highs that were once expected...

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/au/news/kjaer-makes-fenerbahce-switch?

He's always looked solid enough when I've seen him play for Denmark, he and Agger were as a good a defensive partnership as any in one of the recent tournaments for my money, but he never seems to stay around at a club for very long before shooting off to another without ever really sinking particularly low or reaching any great highs, seems a bit strange to look at his list of clubs.

He was linked to Liverpool last week, thought he may have been a step up in quality for them.

Patrick Roberts has rejected a new contract at Fulham and with only one year left on his current deal all the big clubs are circling. Fulham talking about £10million+ though which is just insane.

Patrick Roberts has rejected a new contract at Fulham and with only one year left on his current deal all the big clubs are circling. Fulham talking about £10million+ though which is just insane.

I would spend 15 million on Patrick Roberts.

He could well prove to be worth it, he's so talented. Only 18. Could have done with playing more this season but he is quite slight so probably found it difficult at times in the Championship. Looked quite good against us at the start of last season though.

Bet Yedlin is happy.

Said it the moment he signed; he will never be a Premier League fullback. If he ever makes it in this league it'll be as a winger. Even Jurgen has stopped playing him in defense.

Said it the moment he signed; he will never be a Premier League fullback. If he ever makes it in this league it'll be as a winger. Even Jurgen has stopped playing him in defense.

Bale started off playing at full back and after floppychops failed to sell him he played on the wing and they found he was quite good at it.

He wasn't the best but nevertheless Spurs did buy him as a fullback.

It's been a while now I suppose, but I don't remember him being all that great at Southampton before Spurs signed him. Did he score a couple of goals, freekicks possibly, that got quite a lot of attention and thrust him into the spotlight without doing much else?

Obviously worked out well enough for them in the end, even given that his transformation was as much down to luck as anything after playing him elsewhere, he did eventually have a fantastic impact on their team and then make them a lot of money.

Bale was a big part of Southampton's team that made the playoffs in 2006/7. Only really had that one season there and then he got sold when they didn't go up.

Spurs were in their stage of hoovering up Football League players in bulk who looked half decent at a young age, sometimes it worked out as with Bale, Lennon, Walker and Dawson, other times as with Reid, Bostock, Gunter, Naughton, Routledge, Gardner, Doherty and Davenport it didn't.

Routledge has been alright, albeit not for Spurs.

I had never heard of Bale before his hat trick againsy Inter.

cedric-shirt148-2498892_478x359.jpg

So creepy...

Saints sign Cedric Soares for £4.7M.

The photographers must do that on purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back