• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2015/16 - Everything Not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because he'd put 50% on his salary I'd have thought. The Leicester story was a wonderful one, but he'll know it's a one off, Arsenal will finish higher than them next season and appear in the Champions League every year

Yes you are right, though I wonder whether Vardy will be suited to Arsenal's style of play. The way Leicester set up was perfect for him.

All but done apparently and will be confirmed in the next 24 hours.

Stupid from Arsenal, they're never going to be allowed the sort of space in behind that Leicester often are so they'll get nothing like the same results out of him. Complete waste of money on their part.

Blimey.

Can't see how he works in their system to be honest.

They needed to upgrade on Giroud but with a similar style of player I think, Vardy isn't that at all.

20m for an option from the bench is not a bad price tbh.

That said I can see arsenal changing their style slightly there season, they seem to be buying more combative players.

He doesn't suit Arsenal's style at all. They won't be playing quick direct balls over the top for him, that's just not how they play. And Vardy won't be able to play tippy-tappy football in and around the box.

Purely a move for money and a bigger club.

He'll end up stuck on the wing ala Walcott.

He'll end up stuck on the wing ala Walcott.
Well he's currently getting plenty of practice there. It's a very unWenger like signing which I can see going alongside Franny Jeffers

Just seems like lazy scouting, scored goals last season and reasonably easy to obtain due to the release clause and comparative size of the clubs. Don't see any way he works for Arsenal though, they'll rarely have the space behind opponents to use his main strength, spend far more time with the ball so that negates his work rate out of possession too. Add on his age and it just looks even more bizarre, no resale value and pretty likely that electric pace will soon start to fade.

Can't blame Vardy for going though, more money, his stock will probably never be so high and potentially Leicester would be looking to replace or at least provide competition for him this summer anyway.

Think they are still after Musa from CSKA Moscow.

A year ago Sheff Wed had a bid accepted for Vardy and he was all set to go until Ranieri took over and blocked it.

I have heard on the grapevine that Mahrez is being targeted. Though I understand that it is a foreign club that are after him.

Leicester will have the financial clout and the lure of champions league football to get replacements for whoever leaves. But will they be able to recreate the team spirit they had last season?

I doubt it. But will their fans care? Nope - last season was a once in a lifetime for Leicester fans.

At the moment it isn't broken up. Vardy is still a Leicester player now, and I reckon any bid for Mahrez that didn't also meet a release clause would be rejected.

If Vardy's new contract had a release clause in it then it would have been at the player/agent's request and not the club's. So he'll definitely be off now Arsenal have met it.

Is it common practice now for players to have a release clause in their contract?

Guess he will be a better version of walcott...theo must be off then i guess? TBF, he has had a horrible season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back