• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Transfer Thread 2015/16 - Everything Not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dani Alves has signed for Juventus.

Zlatan to Yernited done deal almost. Wages agreed.

Is it common practice now for players to have a release clause in their contract?
I think a lot of players insist on it if they sign a new contract while on a high. Vardy signed one during the season for a reported £80k a week. He would want the extra money straight away as it was more than double what he was already on so signed it but put the clause in for the eventuality which appears to now be happening.

Bit of a hint of Fergie signing RvP - a deal with no longevity in it whatsoever and atypical of normal business but an attempt (successful in the end) to win one last title before he retired. But then of course RvP had more than one good season behind him.

The thing is Lukaku is seemingly available for the right price and would have made a lot more sense given how Arsenal play and what they need from a frontman.

Fleetwood apparently have a 25% sell on clause.

Absolute bonanza for them if true.

Bit of a hint of Fergie signing RvP - a deal with no longevity in it whatsoever and atypical of normal business but an attempt (successful in the end) to win one last title before he retired. But then of course RvP had more than one good season behind him.

The thing is Lukaku is seemingly available for the right price and would have made a lot more sense given how Arsenal play and what they need from a frontman.
Wenger said he knew Ferguson was retiring at the end of the season when he spent that much on a 29 yr old....

Eric Bailly reportedly close to joining United from Villareal.

The release clauses are compulsory in Spain aren't they? So they usually end up set ridiculously high to render them all but pointless.

Yeah think that is the case in Spain.

Vardy is an odd signing for Arsenal. They are trying to appear proactive but if I was them I would have just gone all out for Morata.

Bailley apparently doesn't have one in his Villarreal contract

Last edited:
Yeah, arsenal should have gone for Lukaku instead like Dan said..younger, powerful forward

Lukaku would suit Arsenal down to the ground.

I don't think Lukaku would suit Arsenal either, what Wenger seems to want is his striker to hold it up and bring others into play. Lukaku doesn't do that because a lot of the time his first touch is like a wall. I like Lukaku but he needs to improve that side of his game and whatever happens Arsenal need to change their style to accommodate a new striker.

I don't think Lukaku would suit Arsenal either, what Wenger seems to want is his striker to hold it up and bring others into play. Lukaku doesn't do that because a lot of the time his first touch is like a wall. I like Lukaku but he needs to improve that side of his game and whatever happens Arsenal need to change their style to accommodate a new striker.

I largely agree with this I think Higuian, Morata, Lewndowski, Zlatan or even Rooney are better options and would all do a better job than Vardy in Wenger's system

Leicester City have offered Jamie Vardy a new, improved three year deal in an attempt to keep him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back