• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

giphy.gif

Loved BotW. Got a switch during first lockdown and played it into the wee hours many a night. Definitely agree about building stamina as a priority.
Having finished that, got Skyrim though. Wow. That game is huge! Just had to get used to not being able to climb everything...

BotW did break me a little bit - I always needed a day or two break at times.

Skyrim still doesn't do it for me. I've tried twice and the game just doesn't do enough to make me care about what's going on in the world.

I also can't abide the trademark Bethesda jank.

Hard disagree there, Pad.

Bit millenial for most here, I'd guess, but Skyrim + Big Book immediately made me think of this.

Skyrim still doesn't do it for me. I've tried twice and the game just doesn't do enough to make me care about what's going on in the world.
With you on this. Just couldn't get into the game at all

Hard no on Skyrim for me too.

Tempted to get AC Valhalla later this week though

Skyrim is incredible!
I really wanted to like it. It is visually amazing and looks like everything I would want from a game but just couldn't get going with it.

In my final attempt all I could focus on was the amount of guards that just said "Hey, I know you" and that pissed me off more than it should.

Skyrim is incredible. Doing a fifth playthrough now on my Switch.
Also doing another playthrough of Oblivion on my Xbox. The Shivering Isles DLC is brilliant.

Then it’s back to AC Odesssy....

Completed the campaign on God of War last night - superb game, one of the best looking and sounding games of this generation. So that's the 3rd of the 'big 3' PS4 exclusives done since the start of lockdown along with Horizon and Spider-man. All 3 are excellent, but I think I'd rate them - in order of best to worst:

Spider-man
God of War
Horizon: Zero Dawn

But would thoroughly recommend all 3 of them - if you have a spare 200 hours, of course.

Finished Last of Us 2 last night, superb. Surprised to see how much criticism it got online!

It's divisive for sure. I personally found it an utterly horrendous experience.

After loving AC Odyssey, I will undoubtedly be purchasing Valhalla next week. Or as soon as I have some spare cash.

After loving AC Odyssey, I will undoubtedly be purchasing Valhalla next week. Or as soon as I have some spare cash.
I agree. Odyssey is fantastic. I've still got a long way to go yet. Then I've got to play Origins.
By the time I've finished both of those, Valhalla should be a tenner in the sales!

It's divisive for sure. I personally found it an utterly horrendous experience.
Yeah, i know what you mean. Certainly very little "hope" in the story. But then it's a post apocalyptic world, it was always going to be dark but perhaps this did push it.

Back