• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

I just didn't find it fun and the ending was too much of a kick in the nuts.

This is from a guy who thinks the ending of The Mist was a masterstroke of genius. But I suppose that's the difference between watching a film and playing a game, at least in my opinion.

Was thinking about getting it for ps5 but then my car decided it needs a new water pump so it’ll be new year

I just didn't find it fun and the ending was too much of a kick in the nuts.

This is from a guy who thinks the ending of The Mist was a masterstroke of genius. But I suppose that's the difference between watching a film and playing a game, at least in my opinion.
Other than maybe being a bit long I thought it was a masterpiece. I can totally understand people not getting on with the story but the scale of the game, the detail of the story and the amount of work that went into it is incredible. My favourite games are story based ones that make me genuinely care about the characters - whether positively or negatively - and naughty dog are always brilliant at it.

See, that's what didn't sit with me. I actively despised every character at the end. Every single one.

It wasn't shades of grey or moral ambiguity to me. Everyone was just a straight up piece of shit and I kind of just wanted them all to die. When I want my avatar to die, or when the game forces me to make the avatar act in a way that I totally disagree with, it breaks the experience for me. And TLoU2 was full of moments like that.

See, that's what didn't sit with me. I actively despised every character at the end. Every single one.

It wasn't shades of grey or moral ambiguity to me. Everyone was just a straight up piece of shit and I kind of just wanted them all to die. When I want my avatar to die, or when the game forces me to make the avatar act in a way that I totally disagree with, it breaks the experience for me. And TLoU2 was full of moments like that.
...can't get the spoiler option to work so binned it off

No, but I've just come into possession of an old Gamegear and a game boy colour!
Still have my game gear! Fire it up every now and again, but the games are always a massive dissapointment...

Xbox series X came out today anyone order one?

Nah, I don't think I've ever ordered a console on release day!

I'm sure I'll end up getting one - the fact that it's fully compatible with the Xbox One is key - we've so many games, several controllers and of course Game Pass which is the best bargain you'll find in video games at the moment and that will all work with the Series X.

PS5 looks good (well, the games and controller do - the console is fucking hideous) but I can't justify the outlay for it when we've already got so much Xbox equipment that won't need upgrading.

The PS5 would be the one I'd get but the 667GB of usable SSD on the thing is such a small amount these days.

I'll just save up for a new GPU and stick with my PC and Switch for now.

The PS5 would be the one I'd get but the 667GB of usable SSD on the thing is such a small amount these days.

I'll just save up for a new GPU and stick with my PC and Switch for now.
It is, especially given the size of it, i'm not sure why the GB is so low.

Watching a review last night i was amazed at the PS5's size, it's a bit ridiculous really and has a stand that needs adding depending on if it's horizontal or vertical. I'm really not a fan of how it looks, it's like what 2004 thought a 2040 console would look like.

With the speed and proprietary nature of the drive, going any larger in capacity would have been prohibitively expensive and likely introduced higher thermals. Less than 750GB of usable space is a huge compromise, though. That's barely four installs of the upcoming CoD game.

Not that these consoles can really push 8k, but they capable of outputting that signal. If games start shipping with uncompressed 8k textures, 667GB is an absolute pittance.

it's like what 2004 thought a 2040 console would look like.

Excellent summary! The breezeblock look of the Series X is hardly attractive but it's still better than the PS5 design!

In other gaming news, EA Play is now available as part of Game Pass Ultimate so I've installed Star Wars Battlefront 2, Unravel, Sims 4, Battlefield V and Need for Speed Heat. Games for all the family! It also includes trials for some of the new EA games such as the latest FIFA and Star Wars Squadrons.

Unravel is supposed to be surprisingly good.

It's gorgeous - beautiful visuals, lovely music and sound effects and a really warm storyline. It's the polar opposite to a hectic button basher - it's actually really therapeutic to play.

Nah, I don't think I've ever ordered a console on release day!

I'm sure I'll end up getting one - the fact that it's fully compatible with the Xbox One is key - we've so many games, several controllers and of course Game Pass which is the best bargain you'll find in video games at the moment and that will all work with the Series X.

PS5 looks good (well, the games and controller do - the console is fucking hideous) but I can't justify the outlay for it when we've already got so much Xbox equipment that won't need upgrading.
I almost got a series X (before my car decided it needs a new water pump) the likes of forza attracted me but I probably will end up going Ps5 eventually. The £449.99 outlay is still a bug bearer for me.

Also the Series X is going for upwards of £650 on ebay

Back