• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Video Games Thread II - The Resurrection

My kids whenever possible and me once. Seems really dull

decided to go ahead and buy fifa for xb1; was gonna wait till I got ps5 but doesn't look like that'll happen anytime soon

nice to have some usable wolves cards. game's already starting to piss me off though, definitely don't regret skipping last year. some shit never changes.

Frostbite wasn't built for anything other than shooters. The sooner EA gets away from trying to implement it for everything, the better.

I am absolute dogshit at this version. I'm, not exaggerating, probably 3-20 today.

kill me. I hate the meta of pace + skill spam. fucking annoying. wonder if I can get a refund from MS.

Anyone playing AC: Valhalla yet? I haven't bought it yet but the reviews have been pretty good and I don't think I've had more fun playing a game than Odyssey, so it's just a question of when not if.

I have too many games to play before I think about buying Valhalla. I've not finished the DLC for Odyssey yet so I should go back to that first! Odyssey is by far my favourite AC game, I adored playing that.

Might treat myself to a Series X at some point early next year (house moving present to myself perhaps) so I could always pick it up around the same time - it looks beautiful.

I started Valhalla yesterday. Only done a couple of hours so only just started the story really. Looking forward to running round England though.

I am absolute dogshit at this version. I'm, not exaggerating, probably 3-20 today.

kill me. I hate the meta of pace + skill spam. fucking annoying. wonder if I can get a refund from MS.
Honestly, PES is an absolute different league if actual gameplay is what you're after. Takes an hour or so to sort out names, kits etc with a patch and the general UI is pretty shite, but it is a far more enjoyable game to play.

Honestly, PES is an absolute different league if actual gameplay is what you're after. Takes an hour or so to sort out names, kits etc with a patch and the general UI is pretty shite, but it is a far more enjoyable game to play.
It always was better in terms of gameplay, it plays beautifully in comparison to FIFA.
FIFA gameplay improved with Frostbite, before they came along, the gameplay was awful, so congested in the middle of the park, the AI was garbage, but PES is still streets ahead on the pitch.

I played the last PES when it arrived on Xbox Game Pass and the gameplay truly is awesome, a big improvement on FIFA.

But I find the presentation around it still laughably poor - frustratingly so. I know that there's nothing that can be done - EA have the licensing and it's not something that going to be shared around. FIFA's licensing/game modes etc combined with PES gameplay is pretty much the perfect football game (that FUT card game shit can fuck off though).

I don't think FIFA is a bad game by any stretch of the imagination but once you play PES, it's gameplay flaws are shown up pretty clearly.

I always preferred the 'single player' type mode on PES, along with the general gameplay, Be a Pro or whatever they called it? Just seemed more natural than the FIFA alternative, starting off with a trial game and it semi-randomly generating your stats based on a few physical criteria and desires on playing style then your abilities improved more based on the things you attempted to do in the games rather than aiming for achievements.

It does generally look like a game 5-10 years out of date in the way it's styled though, and the online modes used to be a right load of shite from memory but it's been a few years since I played it.

Can't speak for the console experience, but PES on PC has been absolute trash for years now. Just as bad as FIFA but in different ways.

Also just bought 30 days of WoW gametime

I'm really trying to self destruct this week

Back