• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The "What Could Have Beens"...

I thought Vio Ganea was going to form an amazing promotion winning strike force with Camara until his injury (and Henri going on strike of course).

Another 'what if' is if we'd actually given Jason Roberts a chance.

What if we had managed to sign Guy Whittingham full time, his loan spell was akin to Dean Sturridges.

Adam Proudlock. Not sure if it was because of the drink or the fact I had 31 Proudlock on my blue away shirt.

Oh Adam, what happened, we were all chuffed at our local junior club when he signed for Wolves and after that loan spell in Scotland and a good season in the first team, thought he was really gunna make it. Unfortunately he was always a bit immature and when me and my lad saw him the following season couldn't believe the size of him and it was down hill after that, a real shame. TBF he's much changed now......just 10 years too late

I never fancied Whittingham...

David Kelly was a better footballer and then we signed a better alternative in Goodman (even if it took us ages to work out how to use him). Whittingham was just a poacher, nothing else and he was shit everywhere after his spell here, including his second time at Molineux.

I always thought van Damme could have been a very good player for us. Perhaps not at left back, but he was actually a good footballer just didn't work out for obvious reasons.

Ndah is one of my all time favourite players for Wolves, I just loved him as a player when I was very young. Him, Murray and Lescott missing the 03/04 season was devastating for me. Murray should, and would have played for England had he not had his injury issues.

The Kameni saga is a retroactive outrage.

Razak Boukari is my obvious addition here. #betterthansako

I always thought van Damme could have been a very good player for us. Perhaps not at left back, but he was actually a good footballer just didn't work out for obvious reasons.

Ndah is one of my all time favourite players for Wolves, I just loved him as a player when I was very young. Him, Murray and Lescott missing the 03/04 season was devastating for me. Murray should, and would have played for England had he not had his injury issues.

I think Matt would still be playing for England now. He was ridiculous.

He was. Even though he was pretty crap with his feet (might be his only downfall in modern game) he was absolutely brilliant in every other department. I've still not seen a keeper dominate his area like he did, not in England anyway.

Bjorn Sigurdarson? The hottest property in Scandinavia since Zlatan. After showing promise the end of the relegation season I thought he'd score for fun in L1. Ended up looking like a pub player.

Geoff Thomas. I'm convinced that if it wasn't for that dirty bar steward Lee Howey, we'd have been promoted in his first season. It would have been at a time where we could have competed financially with the big boys too. We'd be playing Real Madrid tomorrow night instead of Spurs!

Bjorn Sigurdarson? The hottest property in Scandinavia since Zlatan. After showing promise the end of the relegation season I thought he'd score for fun in L1. Ended up looking like a pub player.
Not sure he counts as he had his chances. Even now he hasn't really improved in Norway, and unlike Murray or Boukari it wasn't really injury that derailed him.

Not sure he counts as he had his chances. Even now he hasn't really improved in Norway, and unlike Murray or Boukari it wasn't really injury that derailed him.

Didn't he play with like a broken back for a couple of years but never had it diagnosed. His problem was his mentality in that he admitted he didn't really like football and that's tough then to put it all in when you need to.

Didn't he play with like a broken back for a couple of years but never had it diagnosed. His problem was his mentality in that he admitted he didn't really like football and that's tough then to put it all in when you need to.
That vaguely rings a bell but as he's been mostly mediocre for Molde I'm not super inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Regardless it is a shame as he looked a real prospect at Lillestrøm.

I thought Henri Camara was going to be amazing. Fucking Judas.

Also - according to his Wiki he is still playing age 40, wtf.

Ryan Green. A Welsh international before he made his debut for Wolves against Sheffield United, a game I missed to see Billy Bragg and according to all reports he was exceptional.

Jimmy Kelly had some ability too but 4 years in jail probably hampered his career a little.

Ryan Green was and still is a psycho, footballing ability wasn't his problem.

Chris Marsden was labelled a football genius by the Saints fans, but ah who needs him we had Darren Ferguson!!

To be honest I thought Leon Clarke was going to be great when he first broke through, there was a game against Leeds and he was awesome.

Adam Proudlock was great first season, then he went on a binge pie eating beerfest.

Oh and lets not forget Cedric Roussel - Not sure if the whole wife humping thing was true but what the hell happened there??

Based on his debut at home to Spurs - Guedioura.

He clearly had the talent in there but went downhill faster than Lisa Riley on rollerskates.

the way we were treated over Kameni still wrankles.

Marsden is the stand out for me. he clearly had a footballing brain and was exactly what we needed imo. so disappointing.

dunno if Camara would have been massive - he was certainly way too big for his boots. but I did love his performances that season even if he did miss a hatful. most of those misses he made himself to be fair.

George Friend surely should have been the answer to our left back problem.