• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The "What Could Have Beens"...

Knocker. His decision to quit not only impacted on the Wolves team, but possibly the national team too.

I have already mentioned Peter Knowles. What an incredible talent he was.

Oh and lets not forget Cedric Roussel - Not sure if the whole wife humping thing was true but what the hell happened there??

what was all this about ? never heard of it before.

Roger Johnson is a good shout. I remember thinking he was a machine after that opening game vs Blackburn.

Also, Jed Wallace. There was a serious amount of hype about him when he arrived but he turned out to be completely meh.

Charlie Mulgrew
Ivar Ingarmarsson
and for the other wrinklies Mark Lazarus!

what was all this about ? never heard of it before.
There was a rumor that Robbie Keane was humping his wife and that he had a complete meltdown, which is understandable if its true. Probably nonsense but something weird went on there.

I remember being so excited when we signed Freddy Eastwood...

Mick Gooding. From memory he was something like the third highest scorer the year we won Div 4 and adding him to Bull, Mutch and Dennison was really exciting. He ended up being a bit shit, although we still had another great season.

Don't know if it falls in this category but I remember when Derek Parkin was forced to medically retire because of heart problems.

About four years later he was told that he could play after all. He was a top, top player who was missed by Wolves and arguably never replaced.

He left us to join Richie Barker at Stoke and retired aged 35

There was a rumor that Robbie Keane was humping his wife and that he had a complete meltdown, which is understandable if its true. Probably nonsense but something weird went on there.

Wasn't the breakdown due to the death of a childhood friend and he was allowed to go back to Belgium on loan?

Don't know if it falls in this category but I remember when Derek Parkin was forced to medically retire because of heart problems.

About four years later he was told that he could play after all. He was a top, top player who was missed by Wolves and arguably never replaced.

What about Wolves best full back of the last million years Andy Thompson?

Matt Murray

James Smith Joleon Lescott John De Wolf Lee Naylor

Steve Froggatt Geoff Thomas Chris Marsden Tony Daley

Robbie Keane George Ndah

Absolutely. Knocker was a rare and wonderful talent who had the football world at his feet. I didn't mention him because he chose to leave football, but he must be rated as one of the most gifted footballers Wolves have ever had.

You won't find me arguing against this! :D