• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The wolves Way

Status
Not open for further replies.
My view is quite obviously the sooner Morgan leaves the better , how anyone can seriously defend this wolves way gibberish I have no idea ... it's shameful really for anyone to imply as fans of this great club we should be happy to languish in the second tier of English football. An utter disgrace.

I'm more happy to languish in the second tier rather than fight relegation every year.

Something needs to change at that club before I will be happy to be playing in the PL.

I would be more than happy to be in the PL and emulate Swansea or Southampton, but I certainly don't envy Baggies fans.

The times that people have started threads about the owner and CEO have been full of made up nonsense, followed by bullshit labelling, followed by name calling, which is why posters have been taken apart. Nothing to do with them having opinion on the club, the owner or the CEO.

I didn't swear or insult...I merely entered a number of strange digits and signs so as not to say what I could of put.
As for insults, despite looking and finding figures that kind of backed up Mr Blue Skies he took it upon himself to call me a mad dog

I wasn't singleing out any individuals, just making a general point, faults on both sides of the argument

I'm more happy to languish in the second tier rather than fight relegation every year.

Something needs to change at that club before I will be happy to be playing in the PL.

I would be more than happy to be in the PL and emulate Swansea or Southampton, but I certainly don't envy Baggies fans.

The times that people have started threads about the owner and CEO have been full of made up nonsense, followed by bull$#@! labelling, followed by name calling, which is why posters have been taken apart. Nothing to do with them having opinion on the club, the owner or the CEO.

You say you don't envy baggie fans yet they are playing the best teams in the country and on occasions beating them such as at old Trafford last season yet you "don't envy them"? I don't envy them as a club but why would you not want to see wolves linked with the best players possible pitting their wits against the best teams they possibly can instead of settling for mediocrity in the second tier. I cant grasp this defeatist mentality of cowardice, it's better to try and fail rather than not try at all at anything in life football included.

This is the make or break window for me. They no longer have the excuse of high earners and this should be the window that they bring in the players that are needed. Whether the players brought in will be the correct ones is a different argument, but the board needs to make sure the tools are there.

So far, it doesn't look as if they are prepared to do that little bit more.
This is where I am at and share your concerns. I don't want to see a diamond with the full backs offering the width as has been suggested. The full backs crossing isn't good enough for that system and we neither have the legs or speed of passing to make it work in midfield. I want a strong 3rd forward and a starting left winger. I want to see us to go 442 or 451 depending on the occasion. I've not given up hope though, still plenty of time to sort that out after all we have already brought in 2 players who should improve our 18 and hopefully first 11, but if we were to get to the end of August with the same squad I'd question whether Kenny is a yes man or whether he has poor judgment.

You say you don't envy baggie fans yet they are playing the best teams in the country and on occasions beating them such as at old Trafford last season yet you "don't envy them"? I don't envy them as a club but why would you not want to see wolves linked with the best players possible pitting their wits against the best teams they possibly can instead of settling for mediocrity in the second tier. I cant grasp this defeatist mentality of cowardice, it's better to try and fail rather than not try at all at anything in life football included.

Because I can find things far more entertaining than watching a team lose every week. If I had to watch my team win 4 (2013/14) or except Pulis football for another couple of wins , I'd stop going.

Watching football is for entertainment and when it stops been entertaining, what's the point?

I would be interested to see why Johnny thinks we should change the manager though!

This is unpalatable for most but I am looking at this purely as a business decision not an emotional one. I would change manager because I do not think KJ is capable of taking the club any further. I think a different approach is needed, much like MM is expert at getting out of the champ but not good in the prem, KJ's limit looks like the championship. Everybody has their limits and this division looks like his. I mean getting out of it not getting into it.

Also, if we went up I would certainly have a new CEO as he clearly does not have the ability or vision to take the club forward in either a funding or innovative recruitment capacity. Again he's had a go at it and proved limited.

To bring in both CEO and manager should buy time for the fans to see investment go into the playing staff, continue with the academy and get in a manager/ head coach who can take through a philosophy similar to Swansea and Soton onto the pitch.

Because I can find things far more entertaining than watching a team lose every week. If I had to watch my team win 4 (2013/14) or except Pulis football for another couple of wins , I'd stop going.

Watching football is for entertainment and when it stops been entertaining, what's the point?

During the 20 years or so Ive been watching wolves almost all my memories of memorable games stem from the top flight even though like everyone else I've watched far more games in the lower divisions. What joy can be derived by battering some tiny budget club with one man and his dog watching away to Crawley or pumping some poor team that has its players eating pot noodles enroute to molineux that many probably did in league one last year? It's akin to a playground bully picking on the little ginger kid and taking pleasure from smashing his glasses in and dancing around with an old bit of rope thinking it's the heavyweight belt. The whole point of football is to assemble the best 11 players we can and to do that we need to be in the top flight , I don't grasp how anyone can be satisfied being a relatively large fish in a small pond too frightened to swim with bigger prey. If as fans we don't want to be in the highest division possible whats the point in attending at all other than to improve our divisional status. Even in the season 2003/4 where we finished bottom, the 4-3 win vs Leicester , beating united , beating man city mean more to me than 100 wins against Charlton , Brentford etc because we overcame adversity defying odds. Where is the joy of beating a team in a division with next to no prestige , no real pride as we're expected to win compared to wins that even albion have had away to united.. you think their fans would swap winning at old Trafford with our glory beating the championship powerhouses as we attempt to scrape into the top 6?

Going to anfield watching ward score the winner, watching us beat united twice, beating man city twice, results away at spurs , beating Chelsea mean more than 100 wins in this poxy league and even if it results in relegation leave memories which cant be matched by anything we play in the championship

During the 20 years or so Ive been watching wolves almost all my memories of memorable games stem from the top flight even though like everyone else I've watched far more games in the lower divisions. What joy can be derived by battering some tiny budget club with one man and his dog watching away to Crawley or pumping some poor team that has its players eating pot noodles enroute to molineux that many probably did in league one last year? It's akin to a playground bully picking on the little ginger kid and taking pleasure from smashing his glasses in and dancing around with an old bit of rope thinking it's the heavyweight belt. The whole point of football is to assemble the best 11 players we can and to do that we need to be in the top flight , I don't grasp how anyone can be satisfied being a relatively large fish in a small pond too frightened to swim with bigger prey. If as fans we don't want to be in the highest division possible whats the point in attending at all other than to improve our divisional status. Even in the season 2003/4 where we finished bottom, the 4-3 win vs Leicester , beating united , beating man city mean more to me than 100 wins against Charlton , Brentford etc because we overcame adversity defying odds. Where is the joy of beating a team in a division with next to no prestige , no real pride as we're expected to win compared to wins that even albion have had away to united.. you think their fans would swap winning at old Trafford with our glory beating the championship powerhouses as we attempt to scrape into the top 6?

Going to anfield watching ward score the winner, watching us beat united twice, beating man city twice, results away at spurs , beating Chelsea mean more than 100 wins in this poxy league and even if it results in relegation leave memories which cant be matched by anything we play in the championship

You see I agree with all of this and I imagine many others do as well.

So why waste your time stating the exact opposite for a couple of days?

Really not sure now what your stance is - most on here have been consistent in their opinions (whether I would agree with them or not), but yours?

You see I agree with all of this and I imagine many others do as well.

So why waste your time stating the exact opposite for a couple of days?

because as mentioned earlier, anything deemed to be anti the wolves hierarchy is viewed as an emissary of satan and banned

Beating the top clubs was good at the final whistle but in reality only the 4-4 draw against Spurs was enjoyable during the game.

We did have some good games in the PL, but they were few and far between.

Equally, thrashing the likes of Crawley, Stevenage, Swindon, etc. every week would get boring.

Now I 100% agree with this.

Victories in league one were hollow.

Really not sure now what your stance is - most on here have been consistent in their opinions (whether I would agree with them or not), but yours?

I regard this forum as a bizarre cult of individuals where you have to dance around the fire waving around sticks to be accepted akin to a medieval devil worshipping session and have seen numerous posters mocked for questioning the "grand masters" on here. Most forums have cliques but this one really does take the biscuit.

There's your answer PLF, pure bigotry, ignorance, lack of perspective and basic empathy.

Beating the top clubs was good at the final whistle but in reality only the 4-4 draw against Spurs was enjoyable during the game.

We did have some good games in the PL, but they were few and far between.

Equally, thrashing the likes of Crawley, Stevenage, Swindon, etc. every week would get boring.

You say beating the big guns was only good at the final whistle but it gave me a buzz for most of the following week knowing we had shoved the media predictions of defeat where the sun doesn't shine and created genuine ripples of shock/ admiration in the football world. The feeling of beating teams in the second especially third tier was just .. who cares. The beauty of some of the top flight wins was although rare when they did come along they incapsulated every emotion conceivable instead of laughter/ polite applause as the 4th goal against Rotheram flies in. I remember seeing footage when I got back from anfield of Graham Souness saying on sky we had no chance of victory before kick off and the look on his face post match was worth more than all our league 1 wins put together.

You say beating the big guns was only good at the final whistle but it gave me a buzz for most of the following week knowing we had shoved the media predictions of defeat where the sun doesn't shine and created genuine ripples of shock/ admiration in the football world. The feeling of beating teams in the second especially third tier was just .. who cares. The beauty of some of the top flight wins was although rare when they did come along they incapsulated every emotion conceivable instead of laughter/ polite applause as the 4th goal against Rotheram flies in. I remember seeing footage when I got back from anfield of Graham Souness saying on sky we had no chance of victory before kick off and the look on his face post match was worth more than all our league 1 wins put together.

I didn't need to go to the match then.

I suggest you seek professional help if that's what football means to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back